Kiwi-Wit: 2nd all-grain batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassicXJ

Reaction score
Well I brewed my second all-grain batch on Monday morning and thought I might share a few pictures. It was a Kiwi-Wit brewed from an all-grain recipe I found on here. The original recipe was a extract recipe from Extreme Brewing by Sam Calagione.

Mashing
DSC01065.jpg

While I was mashing I cleaned and cut-up the kiwi. Hint: if you ever do this recipe put the bucket of chopped kiwi in the fridge or somewhere away from where you brew. I was taking samples from the bucket all morning long
DSC01068.jpg

Vorlauf first runnings
DSC01070.jpg

Lautering
DSC01071.jpg

First running in the boil kettle
DSC01073.jpg

Sparge
DSC01074.jpg

Hit it right on the mark
DSC01075.jpg

Here is the Kiwi soaking for 20 minutes post boil
DSC01079.jpg

While it was boiling I transfered my first all-grain batch into the secondary. It was Edworts Haus Pale Ale. It's really cloudy but I hope it clears after a while.
P.S. don't fear the foam.
DSC01077.jpg

All in all it was a pretty good brew day. I hit my S.G, with-in a couple points and the airlock was bubbling away when I came home from work late Monday night. I learned alot from just 2 all-grain batches and can't wait till my next one. My wife just bought me another burner stand (same one) for Fathers day so all I need is a march pump and I'll be set. My plan right now is to install a thermometer in the MLT and insult the cover since I lost a few degrees over 60 minutes but for 2 all-grain batches I can't complain.

Back