Kitchen Tap Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westwoodbrew

Reaction score
I recently installed a tap in my kitchen directly over my keezer in the basement. I am having trouble figuring out how to set my regulator to push the beer up to the faucet without over carbing it. It starts out fine, then after a couple days the stream gets smaller and smaller until it is just foam (or nothing at all). Any guidance is appreciated!

I don't think it's a matter or pressure more than it is line cooling and diameter.

How is the line cooled all the way up to your kitchen?

What size (diameter and length) line is it?

You'd need to have a way to keep the lines cold so the co2 stays in the beer. AKA "In solution." That said I have no experience with this or remote taps. My taps are mounted directly on the keezer and I have no problems with this.

If you're getting nothing at all my guess is that you'd need to boost regulator pressure to lift beer that height. Problem is then it'll throw your carbonation levels out of whack. In the end I suggest you put said keezer on the main level of your home for easy access. Like mine, located conveniently in the living room.

I'm not a kegger, but could beer gas solve your problem. CO2 to maintain carbonation and nitrogen for the pressure push?

I have a 7/16 vinyl supply line wrapped around a 5/16 copper line (and insulated) that is looped to a pump in the keezer. Approximately 10-11 ft of line rising around 9+ ft. I did the post switch to release the extra gas and it worked perfect for a couple days. Now nothing is coming out of the faucet.

Back