Khaos Several DIY Projects (TONS OF PICTURES)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhaosBrew

Reaction score
First off I would like to thank the forum for all the great build threads that give inspiration to everyone.

First goal was to build a mash tun to make better beer and get costs down. Went with the 10 gal HomeDepot and insulated it as well.

photo1-4.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

Next, I wanted to make things a little easier on me, so I built a 3-tier stand and added a ball valve and thermometer to my brew pot. The weldless kits didn't work very well IMO, so I went and got them welded.

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

I aso wanted to control the fermentation process, so I built a fermentation chamber with an old mini fridge from college. I went with the Control Products temp controller on this build. I initially had a light socket and was planning on a heat bulb, but I ended up going with a hair dryer. Here is what I came up with.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

Lastly I wanted to keg my beer. So I did some research on here and found that the GE 7.0 would be perfect for me. I ran electrical in my pantry and painted it with chalk board paint. I used the SCT-1000 on this build as I liked the in the collar design with its low cost. It fits quite nicely.

photo3-2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

I thought the brewery in the garage needed a little decoration too. Every bottle is different. And I'm constantly adding to the collection daily.

photo2-2.jpg

Again thanks to everybody who has posted a build project to inspire myself and others. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks

That keezer looks very nice, for some reason that chalkboard paint makes it look very streamlined and clean.

The only fault I find in your setup is having one of your overserved friends suddenly and expeditiously destroy your pristine bottle collection, haha. I'd be supergluing them down or something, but that's because I'm terribly clumsy!

Regardless, fine work sir!

Back