Kettle etching increments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjonacron

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use this DIY for kettle etching? It includes a 9v battery and some vinegar.

https://byo.com/stories/issue/item/3113-etch-your-kettle-projects

I'm going to try this on my next day off as I have everything required (as most people probably do).

I was curious if anyone had any feedback on how this worked or any hiccups they ran into, anything you would do dofferently?

If I don't get any feedback before I do it, I'll try to document and post up progress pictures.

Thanks
RonJon

I did it to my kettle. Worked like a charm!

IMG_20140912_193451.jpg

Worked great! I was NOT as neat as the fellas above, but it worked great.y advice would be to practice on a scrap piece, but with stencils, it's pretty straightforward

I did my BK this past weekend. Easy stuff, and awesome results.

I figure by buying a SS kettle and adding the volume increments and the 3pc SS ball valve myself, I saved a good $70 or better over the cost of buying one already outfitted.

I did it to my kettle. Worked like a charm!

That looks like a 44qt Bayou Classic. Is it? That is what I am doing my 5 gallon batches in. It will hold 44 qts, but that it to the very top rim of the thing. I'm looking at the 62qt one now - riveted handles and more headspace for doing 10 gallon batches.

Back