Kenmore keezer thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenKnucklesBrewery

Reaction score
Be seen a few threads on this but wasn't exactly sure if it would apply to my model. I've recently come across a brand new 8.8 cu ft kenmore chest freezer....FOR FREE! (gotta love your buddy who works at a appliance store!). I'm obviously wanting to turn it into a keezer but brew on a dime(sometimes even less) and want to know if there is a way to override the factory thermostat so it will stay above freezing without buying a expensive thermostat adjuster.

.... Or get an external thermostat. I think Johnson controls bakes one. Your LHBS may have them in stock.

Euphist said:
This thread explains how to adjust the coarse set on a freezer. If you page through it, you will probably see a thermostat similar to the one your freezer has.

Awesome thanks. Just adjusted it and plugged her in. I dropped a thermometer in and will check it in the morning.

Back