Kenmore 4.6cu ft fridge perfect for one bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thern001

Reaction score
I have been on the hunt for a mini fridge that would hold one fermentation bucket because I don't really brew more than one beer at a time and besides I only really need it for part of the fermentation process not the whole thing. So most of the mini fridges I found have a freezer that has to be bent because of the space it takes up. Yesterday I went out on a limb and purchased a returned kenmore at sears outlet with out even looking at it. Much to my surprise this fridge has a slide out freezer plate and also if the door plastic is taken out the fermenter will fit just fine with out removing the freezer plate.
I have posted some pics below.

image-4073445712.jpg

image-1593405499.jpg

image-2515656099.jpg

image-3322119346.jpg

image-462059825.jpg

As you can see the bucket fits without even taking out the door plastic. Sadly the airlock doesn't not. Once I do take out the plastic insert I can move the bucket one level down and the airlock will fit just fine I just haven't had the time to take the door insert out as I have to cut it to put the door seal back on.

this is the info that i could find out of the website I'm not next to the fridge now.
Sears item #: 94689 Model #: 9468

Back