kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyronbanks

Reaction score
I had a keg that froze. I thawed it out and hooked it back to the tank. It was not carb. I turned it up to 20psi and letting it sit. Still no carb, flat beer. I also put a check valve on the gas hose to force carb keg before it was froze. How do I get carb in my beer?

How many threads are you going to start on this? You gotta wait man. I do 30 psi for 48 hours then drop to 12 psi for another 4-5 days.

I was trying to get as much info as I could. So when a keg freezes I lost all carb? Have to start all over from when I racked the keg?

brew_ny said:
turn it up to 30 psi for 36 hour then down to serving pressure and you should be good s_M

This is what I do with excellent results. At 39F, 4•C at 30 psi for 36 hours then drop it down to 12 psi for a couple of days until I'm happy.

Freezing beer changes things and I've noticed it seems to break down the proteins for head retention. I froze several kegs at one point because I accidentally removed my temp control probe and one of the beers completely lost its head after I recarbed it

Back