Kegs not carbonated equally in kegorator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorganMurdick

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with carbonating kegs equally in my kegorator.

It's going right from my tank. Threw a regulator set at 12psi threw hose to my CO2 manifold and then out of the manifold into 2 kegs.

I'm finding that the fist keg out of the manifold is always over carbonated and the second one out of the manifold is always under carbonated.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

Are you sure it's the beer that's under- or over-carbonated and not differences in the serving lines? Try disconnecting both liquid lines and connecting them to the other keg. Has the carbonation problem switched beers? If so, then that suggests your problem is properly balancing your liquid lines.

Nope, everything in the same diameter and the same length.
I still suggest experimenting by swapping liquid lines from one keg to the other. Can't hurt to try, being so easy to do.

Something else that occurs to me is the possibility that both are under-carbonated and that the one that seems over-carbonated might just be foaming due to a loose connection or an obstruction, like a bit of hops in the post or disconnect.

Are you sure it's the beer that's under- or over-carbonated and not differences in the serving lines? Try disconnecting both liquid lines and connecting them to the other keg. Has the carbonation problem switched beers? If so, then that suggests your problem is properly balancing your liquid lines.
Ya I've done that and it still comes out over carbed on the "line 1" keg? All the hoses are balanced at the same length.

I still suggest experimenting by swapping liquid lines from one keg to the other. Can't hurt to try, being so easy to do.

Something else that occurs to me is the possibility that both are under-carbonated and that the one that seems over-carbonated might just be foaming due to a loose connection or an obstruction, like a bit of hops in the post or disconnect.
Oh ya, I never though of that that's actually a great idea I'll have to check that. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back