Kegs keep losing pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf71

Reaction score
I opened up my keezer to check the CO2 level on my tank and the bottom of the keezer was filled with Co2 and the bottle was done a few hundred pounds. I turned off the regulator but my keg was flat. I just ordered some new poppets and they should be here in a few days but if that doesn't do it I don't know what to do. I already did a full swap out all of the o-rings on the keg.

Are you getting a good seal initially? Did you do a bubble check of your poppets and vent and lid seals? Also are they pin or ball lock? I had some pinlocks that would leak if the CO2 line wasn't placed just right or got bumped. I replaced the springs and it got better but I was always leary of them.

take some soapy water.. star san works to but not as obvious as soap and spray around any area that could leak and look for bubbles

And if you're in immediate need and a brew store is to far away. KY is suppose to work as well. At least that's what I've heard. :D

Back