Kegorator Decoration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchuck70

Reaction score
Hi all, I have finished my upgrade from a single tap upright fridge to a chest freezer 5 tap. Problem is the plain white is boring. Any ideas? I have homemade tap handles that I turned from a fallen cedar but it's not enough.

Black- it makes it better :)

... and some wood- I just feel it adds such warmth!

before-
IMG_1755.JPG

after-
IMG_1792.JPG

I really like the paint on chalkboard look. It allows for future decorating and of course identifying what is on tap.

And it also doubles as a decoy for kids so they don't go pulling the handles:D

My current "decoration" is a bunch of dry erases notes from my last batch. I tend to use the space as a scratch pad. Some friends thought it was pretty cool so I keep the notes there until I do the next batch.

If I had a chest freezer (and the money) I would probably either do glossy black or build like a stained wood box around it and make it look nice. Right now I have a fridge with a 6 taps on the door, chalkboard paint on the freezer door, and brewery/beer stickers on the side.

I make new handles for most of my beers, and also a tag to go above the tap...here are some
100_0040.jpg

100_0042.jpg

100_0002.jpg

the Watermellon is for my WickedPissa Watermellon, and the Stealie is for my St. Stephens' Eleven Ale....

--
Is that just rattlecan? Also what did you paint the gasket with, same thing? Looks good btw.

Just oil-based enamel, brushed on. I used medium-density weather stripping between the collar and freezer, and did paint it too. It is hardly noticeable anyway since I compressed the collar onto the freezer top when I was strapping it together.

The wood was in my backyard, so from white to black was < $10 including the weatherstripping. <$20 including brackets and hardware.

Back