keggle with turkey frier burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I am looking into making a keggle for myself but before I looked too much I was curious if my propane burner would be able to do a 10 gallon boil. It was just a cheap turkey frier kit that I got at Target and it doesn't say how many BTUs it is. What size burner is everyone else using?

yeah im in the same boat. Just started brewing and i got my turjey fryer and im looking and building a keggle. was going tp post the same question on the next few days. Consider me subscribed lol

I will get a picture of it tomorrow. I have thrown away the box it came in but maybe I will check Target out and see if they still have some to get a model number or something.

day_trippr said:
It appears Target only carries a couple of "turkey fryer" kits that include burners.
There's this one, and this one.

Two different burners, but interestingly, both listed as 38K BTU...

Cheers!

The one I have is the first link. At least I know how many BTUs it has now. Is that enough for a 10 gallon boil?

I just did a 10 gallon batch in a keggle on a turkey fryer with a burner kinda like this:
Cast Iron High Pressure Burner CB135 - Agri Supply

Took a while to get up to boil, but it certainly worked! Only problem was that one of my burner/stands wasn't wide enough for the keggle, and the other was just barely wide enough.

Latest posts

Back