Keggle mashtun Thermometer hight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two, one in the middle for 10 gallons and one about a quarter up for 5, they look great! Unfortunately that's all they do, look good, I have 2 from bargainfittings and one from bobbyM and even after calibrating them each time, they are pretty much worthless... I would suggest you spend your money on a real thermometer.

I mounted mine right below the first rib. I think it's about 4.5" above the shirt line.

I see a lot of folks mounting them to the side of the ball valve ... The kegs (with the ribs) don't allow much for mounting them above the valve. Personally, I haven't mounted my thermometer ... Thinking of moving to thermowells.

After putting about 6 gallons of water in my keggle I measured about 2.5 inches below the water line, thus ensuring proper contact of liquid for 5 and 10 gallon batches. P.S. it was welded approx 15 degrees away from my ball valve. I would like to post a pic but I'm computer illiterate, it also has a probe protector that is easily removed for cleaning-it keeps the probe from snagging my bag too (I BIAB).

Back