Keggle lid - lip seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mocobro

Reaction score
Hello, I have cut the tops of my kegs with a grinder. Want to utilize the top as my lid. I have been looking on the intrawebs at u channel silicone strips to make lip seal around the 'lid' and the corresponding hole in the keggle. I believe the inside channel diameter I'm looking for is .078 (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the thickness of SS from keg top) and seem to only be able to find it will 1/16 of an inch 'lip" extending from u-channel. Was looking for more like an 1/8 so I would have some overlap and form a good seal. Any body ever done this , have an idea where to look for retail products in small quantities or a hack that I'm not thinking of? I'm not really wanting to go with the washer riveted on lid technique, want something more like a lip seal. Thanks in advance for any direction or ideas.

image.jpeg

Thanks bbbf.. Was looking for silicone, had seen this poly around... Anyone on here using it and if so how's it working for you, did you fix it in place with a bead of silicone or just leave it free so it can be removed and cleaned easily?

Latest posts

Back