Keggle false bottom.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzesp

Reaction score
I got a keggle that I want to use as a mash tun since my old 8gal kettle is not big enough for full batches of bigger beers. I use a burner plus my RIMS for step mashing.

What is the best solution out there for false bottom and pickup tube? I have a couple of the domed false bottoms but they are for Regular kettles or Cooler Tun. Just curious what other people have tried out.

Thanks.

Pico style false bottoms are popular and well-built. They split in half so it's easy to put them in since keggle lids are typically not full width.

I went a different route, and got a Blichmann FB that I bolt to the bottom of my keggle and secure with wing nuts.

What size works best. I have a kettle with a welded bulkhead are there any clearance issues?

I have the 15 inch with no stands, I've brewed with 15lbs+ of grain with no issues. With my set-up, I have no clearance problems ( I have a center diptube)...

Thanks. All Hooked up now :)
CTdZZZ_XIAAva0c.jpg:large

Latest posts

Back