• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Keggle and keg HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemanach

Reaction score
Brewing Kettle 15.5 gallons - $180
-Silver soldered in thermometer and diptube fittings to make sure it will never leak
-Dip tube can be positioned at bottom of kettle to completely drain or on side to avoid hotbreak and hop material
-Weldless spincycle whirlpool fitting
-Sight glass was calibrated by weighing water 1 gallon at a time to make sure it is as accurate as possible
-3 piece valve so it can be cleaned easily
-Camlock fitting on valve
-Removable heat shields to prevent valve or thermometer from getting too hot. With some burners with a built in shield this isn't necessary. Some will get the thermometer and valve very hot without a shield. I found I didn't really need them with my burner.

Hot liquor tun 15.5 gallons - $140
-Silver soldered in thermometer and diptube fittings to make sure it will never leak
-Dip tube can be positioned at bottom of kettle to completely drain or on side
-Weldless whirlpool fitting
-Sight glass was calibrated by weighing water 1 gallon at a time to make sure it is as accurate as possible
-2 piece valve. It can still be taken apart to clean if needed but it shouldn't need it on a HLT.
-Camlock fitting on valve
-Lid

I have been using these for years for 10 gallon batches and they work great. I have switched over to an electric system though and don't need them anymore.

Kettle
HLT Outside.JPGKettle Inside - Diptube Down.JPGKettle Inside - Diptube SIde.JPGShields.JPGIMG_5664.JPG

HLT
HLT Inside.JPG Kettle Outside.JPG

Price drop $160 for kettle and $140 for HLT. In Minneapolis area

While I don't mind bringing it somewhere to be shipped I would expect that to be cost prohibitive. I just checked on UPS ground and it is $60 per keg to NY with made up weights and rough dimensions, don't quote me on the cost though.

If this still sounds interesting let me know and we can look into it further.

Price drop, $130 for kettle and $110 for HLT. I also found a hop spider for the kettle which will be included. Each will come with a once used 6 gallon bucket fermenter.

Back