kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwald

Reaction score
Can I buy beer and then dump the in a corny keg.
Or will it put to much oxagin in it.

I wouldn't do that. Get a 1/6 bbl keg instead from a local liquor store, pretty much the same size as a corny.

I could see why the OP would want to do this.... Already has ball lock setup in his keezer and wants to utilize his Perlicks??

I have thought of the same thing. Just didnt know if it was do-able.

1) Flush Corny with CO2
2) Purge all CO2 from Sanke keg
3) Put filling hose at bottom of Corny
4) Hook up hose to Sanke fitting output
5) Connect Sanke fitting to keg
6) Apply 1-2 PSI to flow beer from Sanke keg to Corny
7) When near full, remove Sanke fitting from keg
8) Put lid on Corny
9) Attach CO2 to Corny, purge a few times, set to 8-10 PSI, done.

You may need force carbonate the Corny a little bit.

MC

1) Flush Corny with CO2
2) Purge all CO2 from Sanke keg
3) Put filling hose at bottom of Corny
4) Hook up hose to Sanke fitting output
5) Connect Sanke fitting to keg
6) Apply 1-2 PSI to flow beer from Sanke keg to Corny
7) When near full, remove Sanke fitting from keg
8) Put lid on Corny
9) Attach CO2 to Corny, purge a few times, set to 8-10 PSI, done.

You may need force carbonate the Corny a little bit.

MC

If you already have a Sanke tap, why not just hook that up to the faucets/kegerator? I guess the only reason I see is if the Sanke is a large 1/2 bbl and it won't fit in OP's keezer, or he only has a few gallons left in the Sanke and wants to return it. In that case I'd just have some people over for a "kick the keg" party :drunk:

Since OP said "buy beer and dump it in" I got the impression he was referring to bottles or cans.

As far a I know you would need a sanke coupler. I recently converted my sanke setup to ball lock. They do sell adapter for the sanke coupler that allow you to switch between the two via threaded male/female adapters. Not too expensive.

Yeah sorry, by "sanke tap" I meant coupler. They're like $40, maybe a little more if you put quick disconnects on.

I just love keg beer. So that's way I want to put bottled beer in my corny for party till my home brew gets done.

Latest posts

Back