Kegging warm beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambam26

Reaction score
So I want to keep some full kegs ready to go and carbed but do not have the space in the keezer, can I carb the beer at room tempature and then just set aside until needed without any bad effects? Thanks

I have on many occasions, however I only brew ales, ciders and wines. I'm sure there would be issues with lagers. But as long as everything is sanitary, and it is properly sealed with plenty of CO2, you should be good. I did a very dark ale back in October. Let it sit on the primary for about 2 months, and then in the keg for about 2 more. Took it over to a buddy's for a welcome home party for a friend and it was a hit. Keg was empty within just a few hours. So in my opinion, depending on what you're putting in it. Yeah, it should be good to go.

I do it all the time w/o an issue. Not sure lagers would even be a problem although you'll want them in cold storage eventually.

My carbing station is at basement temp for my ales. I never cold carb anything because I wan to be serving from those 4 cold kegs.

I also never dry hop until I'm ready to put the keg into service. The dry hops usually mature after 2 to 5 days cold in the serving keezer. I leave the hops in until the keg kicks.

Cheers.

BSD

If you don't have a sparge c02 tank to carb up the beer while it's at room temperature, you could prime it and then it'd be all carbed up when you stick it in the kegerator.

Latest posts

Back