Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamaboy2001

Reaction score
Ok I kind of new to home brewing so bare with me plz. When I was finish bottling my home made brew, I was getting ready to put them in the storage room when the bottom of the box broke and every DAMN bottle bust when hitting the floor. I was so mad I could have licked it off the floor (lol). So I went and brought a Keg system that day. (Had to tell u guys and gals that story...

My only question is once I have my beer in the keg do I have to put it in the fridge for better taste or can I leave it at room temp and move it around while the co2 going into it?

You can leave it at room temp. However, the colder the beer the easier the CO2 will dissolve into solution. You would essentially need to change the regulator pressure to reach the carbonation you want at room temp. Once you cool it down you would then back off on the pressure after venting the head pressure.

Latest posts

Back