Kegging Question (finishing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
Hey guys, last night I kegged my Blueberry Wheat. Once the beer was in the keg I shot 14lbs of C02 in and purged it and did this several (3) times. I then left it to sit outside the kegerator to finish. Should I store this in the kegerator or should I leave it out of the kegerator? I'm not gonna drink it for several more weeks.

Thanks!

Tim

If you have room in the kegerator put it in there and keep the CO2 on at your pressure needed for the volumes of CO2 you want.

Well last night I put 14 pounds on it and left it out of the kegerator. Based on your guys recommendations I hooked the c02 back up and the keg is in the kegerator where it will stay for a couple weeks before being tapped.

I didn't ruin it or anything leaving it out with only 14lbs on it last night did I?

No, you didn't ruin it, it will be fine. You always want to put a little pressure in the keg to seal the lid and you did that so I don't see a problem. The beer can sit in the pressurized keg at room temp for a few weeks (or longer depending upon the beer) with no problems. I've got an English Barleywine that has been sitting in the keg in a cool spot for several months now and I don't plan to drink it until this winter. I am sure there are others that have had a beer sitting in a keg for a lot longer...

Latest posts

Back