Kegging help and tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was worried maybe they were bad quality but seems ok now its all under pressure. There is so much i through a blind eye, when i began a few months ago but im finding you cannot ignore anything as it will come back to haunt you! Im pretty sure my keg posts will need changing soon, MLHB store doesnt even know what sizes are on the kegs! Do i measure from the top or do i unscrew and measure the fitting? Also should i lubricate the o rings on my keg posts?
This might help you
https://www.kegoutlet.com/how-can-i-tell-what-type-of-posts-will-fit-on-my-corny-keg.html

Yes you "should" lube all of the o-rings.

I've never seen the posts wear out. The o rings are very cheap to replace. In your picture do you have two o-rings per post? I've never seen that configuration.

Yes you "should" lube all of the o-rings.

I've never seen the posts wear out. The o rings are very cheap to replace. In your picture do you have two o-rings per post? I've never seen that configuration.
I wasnt sure myself its how they came unless they stuck a spare in but seems to have worked with two but if ill find out if i just need one ill take the other off if it is spare

Just out of curiosity, why do you want your CO2 tank in the freezer (prior pics) and the regulator separate on a remote hose? I had a 5 lb tank leak once from a connection and have since done everything I could to minimize connections. My regulator is attached directly to the tank and outside of the freezer.

How many kegs to you want the gas connected to? I didn't want to drill a hole through the new refrigerator I a currently using so I don't currently even leave the gas line connected to my keg all of the time. When I transfer to the keg and cold crash I clip on the grey gas post for a few seconds, apply my desired pressure (usually 12 psi) and repeat this daily for the first few days as it is carbonating and then only after I drink a few beers. I haven't even bothered to drill a hole in my new refrigerator yet since this just takes a few seconds although some day I probably will.
Turns out if was the wrong regulator!! Hopefully with this new one ill make better progress!

Attachments

• 20210108_010042.jpg
    20210108_010042.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
How do you get into a Sanke keg? Is there a tool or something for filling, emptying and cleaning those? The great thing about the soda kegs is the large opening so you can get in there.

Yes, there are special tools. I have seen someone use a clamp from Harbor Freight with a bushing and small screwdrivers. The keg spear is pushed down a bit to relieve pressure on the lock ring so it can be pried out.

Back