Kegging and time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firejim

Reaction score
I have only made 6 batches so far and have bottled them all. I find it takes a month or two before the beer take good. I have everything I need to keg a batch and just afraid to make the jump. If it takes weeks on the bottle will it take weeks in a keg to start tasking right or with the co2 make it age faster?

Many beers improve with age regardless, but in the case of carb conditioning you can be drinking kegged beer in a few days vs 3-4 weeks in the bottle. There are some techniques that will give you carbed beer within a single day. I force carb for 36 hours at 3 times the serving pressure then back it down to serving pressure afterwards. So I put a mild ale in the keg Friday afternoon and I plan on drinking off it tonight. Will it be as good now as it will in a few weeks? Maybe not, but it'll taste damn good tonight.

This is what I do from my own personal experience I rack My brew into my keg put some co2 in and purge out the o2. Then place it in the keggerator for 24 hrs. Then I put my dial on 20 psi set the keg on it side a nd set a timer for 2 mins. Shake like crazy and once timer beeps I stop shaking it and place it back into the fridge to let it calm down I personally let it set another day. Then when I want to drink it I purge out the co2 and put my Guage on like 5psi to serve.blam fresh cold brew in 2 days rather than 14 days

Latest posts

Back