Kegged today, let me know if I did good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkeydude

Reaction score
I decided to rack from my primary after 4 weeks since my FG was in the zone. I was going to wait 5 weeks but, got to cleaning my keg and BOOM! It was kegged.
I racked to a corny, used BierMuncher's 48 hours @ 30psi method to force carb. Beer is a little green (Cream Ale) but, I feel that it will age out in a week or two. It does need to clear a bit as well. Good to have a beer almost ready to drink after 12 years away from brewing at the house.
Sound o.k.?

Outstanding! Mazel Tov!

I kegged for the first time just now and my question at the end was: Is that it?

My reaction was the same as yours. Boom, done!

Now I just have to find a way to keep it cold.

Looking for a cheap freezer on Craigslist right now.

Yeah, that's the one I'm leaning towards. We have an annual 4th of July throwdown at the chateau and this year by god I will be drinking my own homebrew on tap.

My neighbors love me...

Easiest way to disabuse them of that notion is to hold court in the driveway once a week with pint glasses and lawn chairs.

Works for me.

LOL! My neighbors think I'm running some kind of still operation.

Yeah same here, I had the neighbors peeking out the window for half an hour while I kegged for the first time in the garage. I wonder what they thought I was doing because I don't think they speak english or have heard of homebrew before.

Cool.

Now you need another keg.

And, another keg.

And, another keg....

I have nine now, and am looking at another 4-pack. You can never get enough.

:mug:

(since I work on evil looking belt-fed guns in my open garage, nothing I do surprises the neighbors anymore)

Back