Kegged Cream Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nittanybevo

Reaction score
I finally got my keezer set up and have cream soda on tap. (the beer wasn't quite ready yet). It seems like it's taken a long time to carb. The temp is about 37*, 4 gallons of water/soda mix. The gas has been on for about 4 days at 20psi. I thought it would have carbed much faster, but I'm still satisfied with the carb it has now. Can I release the head pressure and set my regulator to a low pressure just to move the fluid now, or should I just leave the head pressure high?

Next week, I'll be installing a manifold with 2 additional kegs on it (of beer) so the pressure will change then.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on taps for soda?

It depends on how long it will take to consume. It probably seems undercarbed because soda is usually carbed at around 35psi.

Your carbonation will equilibrate over time to whatever your serving pressure is. So I'd keep it high if you're going to consume it slowly. For a party where it's going to go fast, you could turn it down without a problem.

You really need a separate regulator for soda, as beer is usually kept at about 12 psi, while soda is at 30 psi. There really isn't any way to use one regulator with those different pressures.

Soda also needs longer lines, unless you feel like purging and pouring at a low pressure and then resetting back to 30 psi each time you pour one. I used 25-30' of line when serving soda.

Or just unhook the beer every three or four days charge the soda up re hook up the beer serve at beer pressure

Latest posts

Back