Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zangung

Reaction score
I I'm looking to buy a kegerator when I get my tax return, I've read a lot of reviews and was wondering what someone with experience recommends. I was wanting one that can sustain ambient temps in the lower 30's. Thanks for any input

it's easy man, get a fridge, or a chest freeze (you need a temp controller w/a chest freezer. get your faucet(s) and shank(s), lines, regulators and co2. it's really just a matter of drilling holes for the faucet shanks, installing the shanks and faucets and hooking up the lines.
i have a two tap built into an over/under type fridge. took me like 15 minutes to turn it from appliance to toy. i can hold two kegs, co2 tank and dual regulator on the bottom, the top shelf is for bottled beer and yeast and the freezer is for hops and extract. great addition to the home brewery. :mug:

it's easy man, get a fridge, or a chest freeze (you need a temp controller w/a chest freezer. get your faucet(s) and shank(s), lines, regulators and co2. it's really just a matter of drilling holes for the faucet shanks, installing the shanks and faucets and hooking up the lines.
i have a two tap built into an over/under type fridge. took me like 15 minutes to turn it from appliance to toy. i can hold two kegs, co2 tank and dual regulator on the bottom, the top shelf is for bottled beer and yeast and the freezer is for hops and extract. great addition to the home brewery. :mug:

+1... I bought a fridge off of Craigslist for $100... and parts. Much better than the $500+ single tap at the local homebrew shop.

I have a freezer that I converted but, I also have a Kenmore kegger that I bought a long time ago. It wasn't cheap but I don't regret buying it at all. I've since converted to homebrew disconnects and a double tower. If you build or buy....you won't be sorry.

Kegerators.jpg

250 bucks for 2 taps. And my top freezer stays around 34 as well which is perfect for bottles!

photo-11.jpg

I have a freezer that I converted but, I also have a Kenmore kegger that I bought a long time ago. It wasn't cheap but I don't regret buying it at all. I've since converted to homebrew disconnects and a double tower. If you build or buy....you won't be sorry.

niiiice rig, man! :mug: really really dig the memorabilia from the land of sky blue wa-aters! good taste, my friend. :rocking:

250 bucks for 2 taps. And my top freezer stays around 34 as well which is perfect for bottles!

photo-11.jpg

the setup i did is something like this, well, exactly the setup... the decor's a tad less college dorm room, but two taps in an over/under. :D

Back