Kegerator/Tap Sys at Sams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey man, according to the webpage you can't post links inside sam's website - but I would assume, knowing what they stand for & everything, that the tap is 3 feet tall, dispenses 15.5 gallons/minute, and only comes in packs of 8?

Oops...sorry, didn't realize that the link was tied to me.

It's a 33" x 24" x 24" fridge, with a built in CO2 tank, regulator, and tapper for $440. Holds one 15.5 gal keg, so I guess it would hold a couple of cornies?

Just wondering if the mfg (Haier) is any good. Sometimes Sam's has good stuff, sometimes not so much.

El Pistolero said:
Oops...sorry, didn't realize that the link was tied to me.

It's a 33" x 24" x 24" fridge, with a built in CO2 tank, regulator, and tapper for $440. Holds one 15.5 gal keg, so I guess it would hold a couple of cornies?

Just wondering if the mfg (Haier) is any good. Sometimes Sam's has good stuff, sometimes not so much.

You'd have to do some work on this if you want to put cornies in it, since the regulator/beer lines are all tied into the Sanke tap. You'll likely have to replace those lines. I'm also not sure if the tap is removable (or at least not sure if it is easy to remove it) so you can replace it with a double tap (as you mentioned a couple of cornies).

By the time you were all said and done, you'd probably be out maybe $500, and have a sanke tap/keg left over. You could get a nice chest freezer and convert it for probably less than that.

A friend just converted a kegerator to cornies, he had an old one that he made capable to handle three cornies with three taps. The tap isn't replaceable, but the column top cap should come off so that you can add an extender with one or two tap mounts on it. The big question is does the fridge body hold 3 cornies or just two? Some hold three some only hold one upright and one leaning. You do need to rerun all the air and beer lines so that you have multiples going each way. You will also need a secondary regulator with two or three regulators on it so that you have multiple pressures available for carbonating and serving. MPW

Dragonfly said:
hey man, according to the webpage you can't post links inside sam's website - but I would assume, knowing what they stand for & everything, that the tap is 3 feet tall, dispenses 15.5 gallons/minute, and only comes in packs of 8?

Dude get a clue,Some may regarde this statement as not so PC :rolleyes: Me just on the fence.. :D

Porter fan said:
Dude get a clue,Some may regarde this statement as not so PC :rolleyes: Me just on the fence.. :D

Geez, I didn't realize we had gotten to the point where we weren't allowed to slam dead purveyors of bulk crapola who already own the whole world anyway :eek:

If so, then this PC stuff has officially gone too far :mad:

Dragonfly said:
dude what's PC stand for? I'm not up on my acronyms :(

PC - politically correct...a phenomenom of the late twentieth century by which everything is cleansed beyond the point where anyone is offended by anything.

For instance in PC parlance I myself am "youth challenged", whereas it would be much more accurate to just call me an old fart :D

ahhhh Satori.... it's like a kick in the eye y'know? But lemme throw it out here that I wasn't hatin' on Sam's or anything - where else can I go to get a barrel of pickels? :p

El Pistolero said:
Geez, I didn't realize we had gotten to the point where we weren't allowed to slam dead purveyors of bulk crapola who already own the whole world anyway :eek:

If so, then this PC stuff has officially gone too far :mad:

I agree My statment was meant to be taken as toung in cheek kinda thing :eek:

Latest posts

Back