kegerator or keezer... free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyEye

Reaction score
Need your help making up my mind on this one. I already have a magic chef 7.2 CF freezer that I have yet to convert over to a 6 tap. My job has a rewards program and long story short, I can get everything from tvs to riffles to... appliances. They have the large Danby kegerator and I have the points to get it FREE. My other coworker ordered it and I am waiting to see if I can get 3 corny kegs in there. That would be ideal as all I would do is switch the tower to a 3 tap and I am good to go. Additionally, I have the points to also get a 15 or 25 cf chest freezer. I figured I could use a dedicated fermenter as it gets really hot during the summer and I also want to brew some lagers. How much do you folks normally spend on a bar style keezer build?

Should I:
1- get the kegerator
2-get the large freezer for storage and fermentation

they have the frigedaire and GE freezers. The kegerators include nostalgia electric danby and some other brand

Totally dependant on what you want but most would say lock down your fermentation temperature before you keg.

I'd rather bottle a good beer than keg a mediocre one.

Fermentation temp control takes priority, hands down IMO.

Hi

Turn the Magic Chief into the fermentation chamber and put six taps on the 15 cubic foot. Much more rational way to do things.

Bob

:mug: I pulled the trigger! So, I ended up getting the Danby 5.8 CU FT kegerator... and a GE 8.8 CU chest freezer. Since I burned through all my points and had a few hundred left I added another 3 books to my library. I figured there is no way my i'll be trying to lift a full size keg into a freezer whenever I have another party. Now I have storage, a fermentation chamber and a kegerator. I still want to build a keezer thanks to everything I have seen here, but for now a swap on the tower to a 3 tap will do. Cant wait to get it. Best thing about it is it will all be free.

Freezer came in today! Can't wait to get home and start drawing up keezer plans . Do far I have about $500 saved up so I might skip purchasing a pair of march pumps and buy all the hardware/ supplies for the keezer. I want 2-3 different pressures so it may add up

Back