Kegerator mini fridge conversion build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesignatedDrinker

Reaction score
Just thought I would post my kegerator build here incase anyone was looking for inspiration.

I used a Frigidaire mini-fridge that I got from a buddy for $75, its less then a year old and is in perfect condition. Tall enough and wide enough to take two 5gal corny kegs, although I only have a 2.5gal in there now. I ran the CO2 line through the top half wall of the fridge with a 1/4" MFL bulkhead I got here: 1/4" MFL Bulkhead. It creates a perfect seal and makes for easy cleaning.

Used a 1" saw bit to drill the hole for the faucet shank. Lined the hole with metal tape to prevent the insulation foam from crumbling and making a mess. Also helps create a tight seal. I used a rubber gasket I cut a hole just big enough for the shank so it seals nice against the fridge door. Havent seen any condensation yet so everything must be sealed good.

Got all the lines, fittings, regulator, CO2 Tank, faucet and shank at beveragefactory.com

I intend to add another shank on the right side and a drip tray below the two faucets in the future. Works great and with the fridge temp controller and a digital thermometer I placed in there, I have it at the setting of 5.5/6 which keeps the beer at low to mid 30's. I

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Just picked this fridge up off of craigslist for $50. It was almost brand new! Had the tape on the shelves and everything. Converted it in less than 2 hours. Such an easy build. I'm more than happy with the turn out.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Hi, this awesome and is exactly what I am planning to do with my mini fridge. I'm wondering what exactly you bought for the conversion and was it all from the LHBS? Thanks!

Back