Kegerator/Keezer Finishing Touches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What combo of Tap-list and Tap Handles do you use?

• Digital Tap-list With Artwork Black Tap Handles

• Digital Tap-list Without Artwork Black Tap Handles

• Digital Tap-list With Artwork Custom Tap Handles

• Digital Tap-list Without Artwork Custom Tap Handles

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list With Artwork Black Tap Handles

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list Without Artwork Black Tap Handles

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list With Artwork Custom Tap Handles With Artwork

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list Without Artwork Custom Tap Handles With Artwork

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list With Artwork Custom Tap Handles Without Artwork

• Chalk Board/Analog Tap-list Without Artwork Custom Tap Handles Without Artwork

Results are only viewable after voting.

SGTSparty

Reaction score
Been looking at/working on upgrading my kegerator peripherals lately like tap handles and tap-list and it got me curious what everyone else does so I thought I'd ask: What kind of tap handles do you have and how do you display whats on tap?

Do you have a analog display like a piece of paper/whiteboard/chalkboard or a digital display (raspberry pints/Taplist.IO/Brew.Vision/PowerPoint Slide etc.) and does it display your label art?

What about your Tap handles? Black plastic/home made/brewery brand/store bought upgrade? Do they tell you whats on tap? Have a different handle for each beer you make? Interchangeable labels?

Would love everyone's feed back and pictures of your set up if you've got a sweet set-up or custom solution.

First off, great screen name :mug:

I'm in the process of building a new kegerator, but the plan is plain black tap handles and I've got a glass dry erase board I'm going to mount on the wall with what's on tap.

First off, great screen name :mug:

I'm in the process of building a new kegerator, but the plan is plain black tap handles and I've got a glass dry erase board I'm going to mount on the wall with what's on tap.

Thanks, same to you sir! I've got black tap handles and I just upgraded to a digital Taplist using Taplist.IO so I could display some label art
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1469976548.328984.jpg
But I want to update my handles, they just feel cheap. That said I don't know what I'm going to go with because I don't want anything too tall that will interfere with the magnet mounted monitor... Thanks for weighing in!

Been looking at/working on upgrading my kegerator peripherals lately like tap handles and tap-list and it got me curious what everyone else does so I thought I'd ask: What kind of tap handles do you have and how do you display whats on tap?

Do you have a analog display like a piece of paper/whiteboard/chalkboard or a digital display (raspberry pints/Taplist.IO/Brew.Vision/PowerPoint Slide etc.) and does it display your label art?

What about your Tap handles? Black plastic/home made/brewery brand/store bought upgrade? Do they tell you whats on tap? Have a different handle for each beer you make? Interchangeable labels?

Would love everyone's feed back and pictures of your set up if you've got a sweet set-up or custom solution.

For now I like the analogue (chalkboard) with simple black taps.
I was looking into raspberry pi solutions but I would want to project on TV instead of a tablet, and my TV is used for other things usually (like watching movies) so analogue solution works best. I use chalk markers (use Magic eraser to remove it, water doesn't remove chalk completely).

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1673.JPG

Are those metal handles? If so that's pretty awesome. They look really clean. Dry erase is a great idea for a cohesive look if you want to stay appliance white.

Yes they are all metal...machined stainless I believe. It's been so long since I bought them / built the keezer I forget where I picked them up. Didn't want or need over the top look as it was just going to be in the garage next to the fermenting fridge. Nice and clean :)

Can't wait to see how you finish yours out!

Yes they are all metal...machined stainless I believe. It's been so long since I bought them / built the keezer I forget where I picked them up. Didn't want or need over the top look as it was just going to be in the garage next to the fermenting fridge. Nice and clean :)

Can't wait to see how you finish yours out!

Yeah those are great. I may start trolling the interwebs for something like that. Really classy, clean look that's different but not over the top. I've been debating custom full sized cones for a while now, they're like 9-10 inches, come in multiple colors and you can put logos or text on them. Since I color code my lines and my current tap handles w/ colored tape I thought I'd carry the same idea through for something like this:
CustomTapHandleLineUpMockUp_zpsp47jxksn.jpg

they look nice in mock up but at 40 bucks a pop i'm not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger and hope a) they'll fit well and b) they look nice and hold up.

I think I'll need to figure out what I'm doing w/ the fridge in terms of paint/finish first and then decide what type of handles to go with. Idea of the moment is to do like a flat black and then do some grafiti style stenciling over the top to make it kind of fun. then if do something dumb or i get sick of it (or it gets all scratched up) i can just keep layering over the top.

There is a thread for tap handles...

I only have one tap currently, so it's not hard to remember what's in there. My handle is one of the old school clear plastic ones with the brewery logo in it. Presently Falstaff be wise we used to have a Falstaff brewery in town. There is another one on eBay I want, but the seller wants $40 for it and I'm not ready to fork over that much. I do like the chalkboard ones, especially when it's the whole kegerator and someone artistic gets to decorate it.

I've browsed the tap handle thread quite a bit but it's just tap handles not taplists and finished etc. there are a fine of brilliant tap handle projects out there but I'm curious as to what people are doing as a whole system/experience. I want my digital tap list incorporated into my kegerator so I feel like that limits my options some stylistically.

I really dig the vintage tap handles, especially if they have a connection/story but none do for me and I'm trying to make the feel more me/my 'brewery/brand' just looking for what other people are doing until I find something that feels right for me.

For a little bit I thought about trying to make my own acrylic handles, but I'm not sure how to go about it and have it look as good as a commercially produced one.

Back