Kegerator gas leak-- help me understand this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a CO2 Tank hooked up to a normal regulator....then that is connected to a 5-way secondary regulator via gas tubing which splits off to 5 kegs.

Yesterday morning I hooked up a fresh CO2 tank to my 5-way secondary regulator. The first four secondary regs = 11 psi and the last secondary reg in the chain is at 7psi (robust porter).

After 30 minutes of charging, I closed the valve between the primary regulator and the 5-way secondary regulator chain.

30 hours later (this afternoon), the primary regulator is sitting at the pressure I left it (closed off from everything else). The first four secondary regulators have dropped their pressure to 0psi. Yet the LAST regulator (robust porter) is holding steady at 7psi.

Why would the last regulator be fine and the other four have zeroed out? Can this tell me anything about where my leak may be?

can you take a picture of the setup. i think i know what your talking about. if you post a picture i can point out parts to check

Here are the pics to my Kegerator to help:

kegerator001oy4.jpg

kegerator003gb9.jpg

kegerator005lh4.jpg

kegerator006cs9.jpg

i would start with the one second from the left. it would draw all of the pressure from the others. i would check every connection from the input, output, high output, and the gauge. then go amd check the lines, and the connections at the shank and finally in the faucet. if its not there, check the next one.

I heavily inspected the 4th gas line and there was a huge leak. I'll fix it later, but for now everything else is carbing as we speak :)

Thanks for the help!

I suspect the gauge is stuck. Don't see how the last could be a 7 and the others at 0, since they are all connected together.....

Even if the last keg was holding pressure, it would push back through the other regulators and back towards the tank.

Back