Kegerator Done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally took a picture of the finished kegerator. Just like with everything related to brewing, I am kicking myself, saying, "I should have done this a long time ago!". Here's a picture from yesterday:
DSCF0598.JPG

That's very nice. I've never seen a fridge that size. Either they make small refrigerators in UP land or that dude standing there is huge.

I used those picnic taps for a couple of years, and I really didn't mind. The joke now is that I don't even have to tire myself out with all that opening and closing of the fridge. The kegerator is directly behind my computer desk. I have wheels on my chair, so I just spin around and pour.

I have to clean off the top, though, and put the glasses and barware on top.

Since I decided to do it, I bought the Perlicks and I'm so happy I did. But now, I don't have a kegerator for the cottage, and I can see me doing this again so that I can keep a keg or two out at the cottage. It's an addiction, I tell you!

why the three drip pans instead of one long one?

still a very nice kegerator.

You didn't know yoop's husband was 10 ft tall?

I had three drip pans, because they didn't sell the length I needed. Initially, I ordered two faucets, and the "long" drip tray was 6 inches long and not quite long enough. Once I took out some of the shelves on the door, I found I could fit three kegs in there instead of the two that had been in there all along. Since I already had two faucets and drip trays installed, I just ordered one more and put it in the middle.

Bob's only about 6' tall! It's an "apartment" sized fridge that's about 3/4 size of a regular fridge. I got it a couple of years ago at a thrift store for $40. It seems to be exactly what I needed for beer.

Now you need to make a jumper for bottling with a black corny QD, 6' hose and the now unhooked cobra tap on the other end to bottle, using BMBF tech. ;)

Hey, where is the Homebrew Talk decal for that bad boy by the way? And the hockey stick tap handle?

i was going to ask about the fridge, too. How many kegs does it hold?

It held two (plus the co2 tank) before I modified it by taking out some of the door shelves and the plastic on the door. I left a shelf on the top, and one on the bottom, and just cut a "U" in the plastic liner to fit the third keg. So now, there are three kegs inside, with the co2 tanks outside. I didn't install a manifold, I just ran the lines through holes I cut in the side. I have a 10# tank with two regulators and two lines running into the side, and one 5# co2 tank with one regulator and a Y-fitting with one line from that one running into the fridge, so I can use the outside line for purging and sealing tanks, etc.

Back