kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abdoyle

Reaction score
i have a Franklin Chef mod# fcd400vw 4 cu ft mini fridge. this mini fridge has a seperate freezer compartment seperate from the fridge. i'm hoping to cut out the space between the fridge and freezer which will allow sufficient space for a sixtel and CO2 tank. my concern is regulating the temperature. the temp. control is located in the fridge compartment but controls the freezing as well. any ideas on controlling the temp? i'm thinking if both the fridge and freezer are opened to become 1 space i can keep the temp control at a lower setting to balance it out. essentially i dont want to gut a perfectly good mini fridge and have the lines freeze up on me. any thoughts would be helpful!

Here's a pic. I'm thinking of cutting the space between the two compartments.

image.jpg

I am guessing the cut out will only be in the center and not the outer portion with the door seals and that? IF there is nothing in that area..refrigerant lines and that. It may take some messing with the control to get the proper temp you would like. With two different zones like that you may also need a fan to circulate the air.

Back