Kegerator-buying advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toilet Rocker

Reaction score
I'm finally making the leap toward kegging. Can you guys comment on this offering on CL?

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/for/4297658831.html

It comes complete with regulator, hoses, CO2 tank, full-size keg, American and Euro sankeys, and cleaning kit. Pardon my ignorance, but do American sankeys fit on both ball-lock and pin-lock corneys? I'm going to have to buy a 5-gallon size keg separately, but wanted to know about the snakey to determine whether this is a worthwhile investment. Thanks.

Looks like a good deal. One of mine is a Kenmore and I love it. Sankey taps will fit on commercial kegs of beer. But a ball lock and a pin lock each need different connections. Hence their names. Still 300 bucks is a damn good deal for a kenmore kegger.

Now it makes sense. So I'll need a 5 G keg plus the corresponding connections. Thanks for the input, Hammy! Can you tell whether a ball lock or pink lock keg fit comfortably in this unit? I'll confirm the inner dimensions with the seller too.

If a regular 1/2 barrel will fit (the one that comes with it), then a cornie keg (ball or pin) will fit. More than likely two will fit in the fridge. Mine is a couple of years older and two 5 gallon kegs and the CO2 tank fit inside with no problem. I added a new double faucet tap to mine so I could have two beers going.

Unfortunately, someone swooped in and bought it as I was trying to finalize the deal with the seller. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

Back