Kegerartor Advice Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornumber3

Reaction score
So after Christmas i'm going to start my Kegerator build. Looking for advice on a fridge and conversion kit/parts. I'm doing the tower and definitely want at least 2 taps and want a fridge that has a good amount of room and easy to convert. Any advice for regulators, towers, etc...?

Also i'm just going off of on line so any advice with the build will be appreciated!. Thanks!

The premium Micromatic regulators are worth the few extra bucks. I wish I'd bought them right off the bat, would've saved me lots of money, lost gas, flat kegs, time and effort.

Same goes for leaking gas line connections. Use 3/16" beer line and 1/4" barbs for everything, both beer and gas. That way the clamps are just extra insurance on already solid connections. It also make changes easy cause everything is standard.

When testing the system for leaks, leave kegs unhooked, pressurize to 30psi or more, close the tank and let it sit overnight. If the gauge has not dropped, you should be good.

I would get the biggest freezer you can get away with (or afford). Even if you don't want tons of taps now, you might in the future, and it's always nice to have room inside to spare.

I would get the biggest freezer you can get away with (or afford). Even if you don't want tons of taps now, you might in the future, and it's always nice to have room inside to spare.

Totally agree. If you want two kegs on tap, get a fridge or freezer that'll hold three or four, and outfit the gas system with drops for all kegs. That way you can be carbing your next keg(s) while serving what's already on tap, and never run dry...

Cheers!

Yep. Make sure you have extra room. Even if you don't use it for a keg right now, you can throw in a six pack or two. I also second the idea of using fittings that are 1/16th inch larger than the beer and gas lines. Just heat the lines in hot water and clamp them down tight. I wasted two 10 pound tanks of CO2 before I figured that out.

Back