Kegconnection's Black Friday / Cyber Monday Blowout!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open today???

Wanted to place an order but had questions first.

Call the office line as soon as possible @ 325-356-5204 .. someone SHOULD still be there to help you out. I'm glad I saw you post because I'm out the door to enjoy some family time for the next few hours.

If you can't get a hold of anyone using the office line, leave your question here and I can do my best to help you when I get back in front of a computer.

cheers,

joshua

KegconnectionLLC said:
In regards to that 67lb package heading your way: your poor delivery driver :drunk: !

The really bad part is I'll be out of town, so I had it shipped to my girlfriend's house. That'll teach her not to like beer!

KegconnectionLLC said:
Call the office line as soon as possible @ 325-356-5204 .. someone SHOULD still be there to help you out. I'm glad I saw you post because I'm out the door to enjoy some family time for the next few hours.

If you can't get a hold of anyone using the office line, leave your question here and I can do my best to help you when I get back in front of a computer.

cheers,

joshua

Thanks a lot. Todd was very helpful.

I jumped in with both feet on this too. Nice to be able to support a vendor of this site. Ordered a duel keg setup with 525SS. Two years of bottling is coming to a end. Now how can i hide this from SWMBO ???

Between the keg sale earlier this week and this sale, I think I've covered my Christmas shopping for myself this year.

Placed my order Thursday night, FedEx delivered this afternoon. Even though I'm in the same state, that's freaking fast. You guys rock! :rockin:

Bxbrewer, like me you come in guns ablazes about how amazing the deal was and then how you are gonna get a mini fridge off Craigslist or even free. Smoke and mirrors. My purchase hasn't even shipped yet and I am already talking how this will change our life for the better.

Hey Joshua-

I'm going through your site, trying to make sure I've got everything I need... and I'm starting with *nothing* (except a 7 cu.ft. freezer and a temp control that was just ordered... home depot has a killer deal on that). Since I don't want to do anything halfway, I'm thinking of starting w/ a 4 keg setup w/ option to expand. For your black friday/cyber monday, I see that you've got the 4 faucet refrig conversion kit (ball lock) and you've got an upgraded Perlick option. I need the kegs (so ball lock there?) and I need to get a CO2 tank w/ regulator. Questions:
1. If I want to use this CO2 supply for both force-carbonation and serving, how does that change the regulator setup?
2. What other parts do I need to do force-cabonation?
3. What other parts *should* I get for also doing CO2 blankets for beer transfers both between carboys, and into Kegs?
4. Anybody else got any opinions on suggested startup gear for somebody that'll have a nano in a year? :)

Thanks all!

RJensen

U need a runner (two black connects) for keg to keg transfer. You need at least one mfl connect (out of the two). Mfl connect is needed to let the sludge out before transfer. No need to cut dip tube.

Co2 blanket _ same thing c02 trough the long dip tube aka out connect. Another reason for mfl black connect. Remember KIS (keep it simple).

Hey Joshua-

I'm going through your site, trying to make sure I've got everything I need... and I'm starting with *nothing* (except a 7 cu.ft. freezer and a temp control that was just ordered... home depot has a killer deal on that). Since I don't want to do anything halfway, I'm thinking of starting w/ a 4 keg setup w/ option to expand. For your black friday/cyber monday, I see that you've got the 4 faucet refrig conversion kit (ball lock) and you've got an upgraded Perlick option. I need the kegs (so ball lock there?) and I need to get a CO2 tank w/ regulator. Questions:
1. If I want to use this CO2 supply for both force-carbonation and serving, how does that change the regulator setup?
2. What other parts do I need to do force-cabonation?
3. What other parts *should* I get for also doing CO2 blankets for beer transfers both between carboys, and into Kegs?
4. Anybody else got any opinions on suggested startup gear for somebody that'll have a nano in a year? :)

Thanks all!

RJensen

Use the two week 'set and forget' forced carbonation method (not the rapid one) and you don't need anything other than a manifold to feed all your kegs (at the same pressure). I would go with that method over the rapid forced carbonation, since you're really only saving ~7 days (you need to let the keg stabilize with the rapid method after burst carbonating). Plus, the rapid method is more tricky than the slower mode.

To use CO2 to push from carboy to keg, you can use one of the orange carboy caps (for BB carboys), install a barb to barb fitting in the longer part of it, and use a racking cane in the center. The barb is for a gas line to connect to. A zip tie might be needed to help keep the pressure constant in the carboy. Just know that you're going to leak CO2 this way. You'll also want to use only a few pounds of pressure (at most) to do this.

BTW, if you want to serve styles that need different pressure ranges, then get a dual body regulator. Get manifolds to feed from both and don't worry. I would also advise putting the CO2 tank outside the keezer/brew fridge/etc. so that you have easy access to the regulator (and more room for kegs). Using gas bulkheads makes this super-easy (Austin HBS has them). I use two of those to feed a pair of manifolds (from KC) in my brew fridge. That way I can carbonate/serve my pale ales at a higher CO2 volumes level than my brown ales and porters.

Placed my order over the phone with Todd and it was such an easy process. Since I am finally upgrading to a kegging system he had an answer for everything and explained it in full detail. Free shipping and low price upgrade to Perlick made it an easy choice to purchase through them and I saved a lot of money in the process. Thanks again and I will be back for sure! Glad I found this add before I bought the cheap Ebay setup.

Why, Why, Why do I always place and recive my orders before the sales?
Oh well, I guess I 'll just go pour a beer from one of my Keg Connection kegs and forget my troubles:drunk:.

P1010620 (2).JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the "detailed description" of the gas hose linked below contains 2 misprints. It reads 7/16 ID, but should read 5/16 ID, right? Also, it reads 9/16 ID but should read 9/16 OD. I'm about to order it, which is why I'm asking. Thanks!

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=25

You're correct! I've fixed the listing, thanks for bringing that to our attention!

cheers,

joshua

Well, there went my holiday budget, but damn, what a deal. Complete nitro setup for just over $200 shipped. My next stout shall be served the right way! Thanks for the sweet deals, guys, and thanks for being so accommodating to us HBTers.

Still no tracking number yet. All in due patience . I imagine the Black Friday has them busy.

Trying to finish up my order but confused what sort of drip tray I would need. I am planing to put 4 faucets on a collar style GE 7.0 freezer if that helps. Confused on which type I need and size. Want to get the rest of my order in before the sale ends. If anyone can help that would be great.

Trying to finish up my order but confused what sort of drip tray I would need. I am planing to put 4 faucets on a collar style GE 7.0 freezer if that helps. Confused on which type I need and size. Want to get the rest of my order in before the sale ends. If anyone can help that would be great.

What's the spacing you're planning for the faucets? If 3" center to center, then figure on at least 1/2 again (so 1.5") on either side of the outside faucets. If you're going to do 4" ctc, then 2" on the end (or 1.5-2"). So, a 12-16" drip tray should work. For which type (drain or no drain?) that depends on how you want to set it up. You could go the drain, if you have a bucket (small) or container to run the tubing into. I use one without a drain and just use a 5 ounce sample glass under each one (so that I don't need to clean the tray as often). I know, the purpose of the tray is to catch the drips, I just do it this way so I have less to clean up. :D

I can't say enough about the great service from these guys. Ordered on Thursday night and received it today in PA. Wow, a great company with great deals for homebrewers. Thanks again!

When the sale goes live for HBT members (tomorrow night, 9PM, I will post a link to the sale section exclusive for HBT members with the link!), the 10% will be automatically applied to EVERYTHING on our site.

cheers,

joshua

I just placed an order. BFHALF invalid code. Darn. BFSHIP worked.

[edit] nevermind, I think the 10% discount was applied to the price anyway. And maybe the BFHALF was for non-contiguous states. I dunno.

Now to check the front door every day for the next 2 weeks!

For some reason I couldn't sleep. I got up and started surfing around HBT... and look what I find. I've been telling myself as soon as I find a good deal on 2 ball lock kegs (free ship, discount, etc.) I'm doing it. In just in time! I love these guys.

Well, I WAS going to stay up for another 2 hours to take the sale off our site (12AM for all our west coast friends) BUT I'm tired and will keep these deals up until tomorrow morning, 9AM Central.

cheers,

joshua

KegconnectionLLC said:
Well, I WAS going to stay up for another 2 hours to take the sale off our site (12AM for all our west coast friends) BUT I'm tired and will keep these deals up until tomorrow morning, 9AM Central.

cheers,

joshua

Ha! You guys seriously are the best for all things keg. I just placed another order this afternoon- 3 (more) pinlock kegs, then I threw on a t shirt and bottle opener to reach the free shipping amount. I'll now be able to proudly support you via fashion! ;)

cheers,

joshua

<chuckle> Well, you reeled this newbee in!!! I was trying to rationalize how I needed to go ahead and punch the buttons on a basic kegging system so last night I made the rational, logical, correct choice...I decided to go to bed and if the deal was still up this morning.... :D

Looking forward to checking the goods out!!!

Ed

I took advantage of the great deals too! Got most everything to start kegging, super excited! :) Now just gotta wait until Christmas... :p

I totally missed the free shipping though, for some reason I missed the info about the code and thought it was going to be automatically applied - doh! lol

You really should have warned people about how quirky the race track kegs were. Every single gasket on the keg is different than a normal ball lock, and mine came with a plastic co2 tube that's cracked.

Im a little peeved because had I known i was going to have to track down these odds and ends, I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm pretty sure that earlier in this thread someone asked about the difference and it was mentioned that the lid is different (which indicates a different gasket). There were even links to pictures. It may have been a different thread but I'm pretty sure that Joshua was the one that addressed it.

Went back through the thread and confirmed that the differences were mentioned on the first page (at least on the mobile version of the site), right around where you asked about the flat rate shipping. I know it doesn't make your frustrations go away, but it was discussed.

My keg system should be here friday.. It shipped out today . Question for those who know "im a newb". I ordered the duel kit and upgraded the faucets to 525 SS.

Will it still come with the picnic taps ? Did i need to order shanks and adaptors as well ? When i placed my order for the setup it showed the upgraded faucets. I remember HBT talked about them and liked them. I thought why not. But now i don't remember seeing on the site about the shanks etc ?

Josh I pulled the trigger on a stout tap with nitro system & a 6 tap kegging system (perlick 525SS) with all lines, manifolds, etc. for my new keezer build! Have Ben check his email and remind him How Super Cool I am before he checks me out.. Oh, and I have a 2 year old....and its Christmas....and when my wife finds out all this costs damn near $200 she'll freak!

:mug:

I took advantage of the great deals too! Got most everything to start kegging, super excited! :) Now just gotta wait until Christmas... :p

I totally missed the free shipping though, for some reason I missed the info about the code and thought it was going to be automatically applied - doh! lol

Yelp, I missed the free shipping code, too, I didn't know anything about it. ;( At $7.95 shipping it was still a great deal!!!!! :mug: I'm a newbee and will be force carbonating mead with my basic system. :tank:

Ed

Latest posts

Back