Kegconnection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers to KegConnection:mug:

I took advantage of their 8% off HBT New Keg sale and I cannot be happier. Not only are the kegs top notch but the shipping was extremely fast. I also ordered a bunch of other miscellaneous kegging stuff and all arrived in great shape and was exactly what I expected.

Vendors too often only get the negative feedback but I felt KegConnection deserved recognition for a job well done. It was so nice to place an order of that size and have it in hand just a few days later.

Thanks for the great service.

I just made two purchases through Kegconnection and am very impressed. Their customer service is fantastic, quick shipping and quality merchandise.

-1 for moving away from me :mad:

Just kidding. I can't be mad at you for making a business decision that doesn't fit my needs.

Great company.

Placed large order with keg connection on sunday. order arrived today packed perfectly. fine first experience for me.

I wanted to give a shout out to Todd and Nanette at Keg Connection (www.kegconnection.com). I needed to put together my items for an 8-tap keezer build so I sent an email to Todd. Much to my surprise, he personally called me to put my order together. It took some finessing but in the end it turned out great!

Todd went above and beyond. He gave me some really good deals and completely took care of me on this order. Shipping was FAST (placed order on Tuesday, it was at my door on Friday) and EVERYTHING was accurate in the boxes!

Thank you, Todd! This was my second order with you and I can assure you that I will come looking again whenever I need something!

Just wanted to sing the praise of Keg Connection with getting a free shipping code i ordered a complete kegging setup for my Keezer build. I ordered it late last week and was pleasantly surprised to find it on my doorstep this morning.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

So i ordered a 3-tap complete kit from kegconnection. Everything came super-quick, and it was definitely the best price i found.

Hooked everything up, and we could hear (fairly loud) a leak coming out from somewhere. After some starsan and lots of listening we found out it was coming from one of the "out" values on the manifold. So first we tried a gas tube and connector. still leaked. Then I switched the valve with another from the middle of the manifold. The middle then leaked. the leak is coming from between the threaded coupling and the valve (see picture). This is strange, because those are supposed to be one-piece fittings. Either way, i didn't want to wait and send it back because i needed the beer for this weekend. Went to the local homebrew shop and had to buy another for 12 bucks. Fixed the problem. I would ask whether i had just assembled it incorrectly or something... but it comes assembled "ready to go". Tried tightening it with wrenches, vice grip, ect. none of that worked. Just a bad check valve i guess. We could tell where it was leaking from because you could feel it and if you pinched that spot the hissing got a lot higher pitched.

Also worth mentioning that one of the gas quick-disconnects for my kegs leaks very slowly. I cannot blame kegconnection however, because it could simply be the metal post on the keg and not the quick-disconnect. If you push down on the disconnect with your finger it stops. I bought a new one anyways from the LBHS and we'll see if that fixes the problem. Still happy with my purchase overall

I cant say that im disapointed because
1) I never sent the bad valve back to KC. I am sure they would have sent me a new one, but the timeline was too important.
2) everything else was such a good price i guess an extra 12 bucks isn't the end of the world.
3) everything else is working flawlessly.

Here is where it was leaking from
315100025_629.jpg

I'm sure you can still send the bad valve back and be reimbursed for the cost. At least give them a call. Might be a quality control problem in a batch of valves. I'm sure KC would like to be made aware of that.

Delivered very quick. Assembled,quality parts. I got the three tap conversion kit and built a coffin keezer. *which I'll show off in another thread!
Brand new co2 tank. Keg is in good shape. Did I mention fast? I ordered late Friday, was delivered to my door on Tuesday.

This will be a beer-orious weekend. WITH NO BOTTLING! :fro:

Overall I am happy with my two purchases from KC. They were well packaged, shipped on time and quality products. My only gripe would be that a couple of months ago I tried to get a hold of them regarding one of their kegerator kits with no return call despite to my two VM's. I was a little disappointed by this. And while I have put that project on hold, I will probably give them another shot due to their low pricing policy.

I've found that sending emails works really well when you need to reach them. I sent off an email last week about fittings I've ordered from them before, that are not on the site. A few emails, and a phone call later, and the parts were ordered. Got the email notice on Saturday that they had shipped out (they needed to special order the items, get them in at their location, and then ship them out to me). I expect to see these before the weekend (or with Saturday's mail delivery) at the outside.

Give emailing one of the addresses listed on the contact page of their site and see what happens. I would wager you'll get better activity within a day or so. :D

I placed my first order with them during their free shipping for Halloween. I received my order the next day and everything looked great. I highly recommend them.

I know there's plenty of reviews on these guys, but I ordered a Sanke coupler and two ball lock QDs using the free shipping Halloween sale. Ordered at 10 PM, they shipped first thing the next morning after a phone call to verify my shipping address. Great prices, and they even threw in a couple of the nylon MFL washers.

I got my other couplers with my kit from Keg Cowboy, who took weeks to ship it out, sent me a coupler with barbs even though I paid extra for MFLs, then finally once they replaced it didn't include any washers. So after waiting weeks and then waiting some more, I still had to make a run to my LHBS to get the 20 cent washers.

Keg Connection was such a positive experience in comparison. Thanks for the awesome service and fast shipping, I'll be back :mug:

I wanted to let HBT know about my positive experience with Kegconnection.com.

I happily took advantage of Kegconnection.com's black friday sale. I scored an amazing deal on exactly the custom 2 tap, 3 keg system I wanted. I saved at least a hundred bucks over other options I've been looking at over the past year.

Anyway, received the products in 6 days which is great. I get one keg up and running and was very happy. I finally got around to filling a second keg and found that the black liquid out disconnect was faulty. It was leaking around the top. Dis-assembly and re-assembly weren't helpful and the other disconnect worked fine on the post. So it was definitely the black plastic disconnect.

I sent a level headed, respectful email to Todd at Kegconnection on Sunday evening. I received an email back apologizing for the faulty part and was promised one would go out in the mail. It arrived on Friday and looks great.

So all in all, I am very happy with the quality of the kegging parts I received. I am very happy with the speed of shipping, and I am very happy with their version of customer care.

I will buy more kegs from them in the future and I look forward to doing so! Thanks for making things easy! - N_G

Bought most of my kegging items from Keg Connection for a 4-tap keezer. Had originally intended to bite the bullet and get everything from them in one fell swoop, but ended up piecing it out a bit. Ordered some parts elsewhere when pricing didn't work out (shipping their kegs across the country, the pricing on their Johnson A419), but most of the keezer's guts were bought from them.

I had emailed their general box looking to customize a kit a few days before Christmas. Not surprisingly, I didn't receive an response until after the holiday. Todd got back to me the day after Christmas and was super helpful in setting up my kit. In the meantime, I had bought a few vital pieces from other vendors that made a traditional kit not possible, but we ended up finding a good middle ground. I must admit that in my excitement to get it all ordered, I bombarded him with emails, and he always responded with the information I needed. We finished up an estimate that day, and I placed the order with him over the phone manually so I could burn a few mail-in-rebate gift cards.

Delivered. One part mission. Awaiting resolution.

Timeline:
22 Dec 2012 (Sat) 21:54 - Sent email requesting to customize a kit.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 07:27 - Received reply from Todd, along with his phone number.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 07:32 - Replied that I'd rather use email for now (waking up) and would send a list shortly.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 09:48 - Sent compiled list of goodies on my want list and inquired about an item.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 10:03 - Received reply with information on that item and requested shipping information.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 10:06 - Replied with shipping information.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 10:19 - Replied that I had forgotten an item and provided SKU.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 11:30 - Received itemized estimate to my liking.
26 Dec 2012 (Wed) 11:35 - Called to provide payment information.
27 Dec 2012 (Thu) xx:xx - Received billing alert from bank.
30 Dec 2012 (Sun) 17:03 - No confirmation or tracking information yet. Sent email to Todd requesting tracking number.
01 Jan 2013 (Tue) 08:53 - Forwarded track information request to the shipping department. Woops, sorry Todd!
02 Jan 2013 (Wed) 08:31 - Received reply from Fred in shipping with tracking number.
03 Jan 2013 (Thu) 19:01 - Delivery. Immediately unpacked and started assembling.
03 Jan 2013 (Thu) 21:00 - Noticed that I had ordered four 1/4" MFL tailpieces, but received three plus a 5/16" barb tailpiece.
04 Jan 2013 (Fri) 07:34 - Emailed shipping department to let them know I received one wrong part. No response yet.

Edit: Rating 5 stars. Even with the hiccups, the part arrived later during the day on 04 Jan 13. It came USPS first class mail, so not tracking number was available. Would certainly do business with again!

I recently received EXCELLENT service from KC. I applaud their diligence on my order. :mug:

UPS decided to play soccer with my 10lb tank. KegConnection sent out a new one with a return label same day I was able to contact them and UPS beat this box up worse than the 1st box, but failed to damage the tank. Honestly I don't know what the hell the local drivers do because unless it's an Amazon box it comes in like someone was playing hackey sack with it. I'm looking forward to more business with KegConnection in the future.

I would like to give a very positive review of Kegconnection. The other week I ordered 2 kegs, as the other supplier I was using was on back order, and ended up dicking me in the long run.. but that's another story for another day.. (btw.. don't order from beveragefactory.com).

Anyhow I ordered 2 kegs last week, with very prompt shipping.. So this week I had realized I needed an additional 3 kegs and ordered them this week. Now here's the trick.. Whenever i order something from a company i always ask for a Unicorn to be drawn on the box. To this date after a year and a half of asking this on the comments for shipping, the best i had received was from Hopsdirect was a "Sorry, I can't draw". Today I was astonished to receive a package for-filling my request of a Unicorn riding a Unicycle. and I have to give them serious props for this as on the package was indeed a unicorn riding a unicycle, along again with prompt shipping.

Sometimes it's the little things like this which will keep me going to the same re-seller..

KegConnection has claimed my business from this small act. The only suggestion I could possibly give them is to email out a tracking number. Other than that from the business I have given them, it's been pretty solid.

Oh yes, and the kegs were of top quality..

IMG_20130627_170524.jpg

Just received my custom setup from them. Amazing customer service throughout the whole process. Todd was very patient answering all my questions and updating/changing my estimate accordingly. He made recommendations as well as made sure he understood what kind of set up I was trying to make. No "up-sales," just here are your options and let me know how to help.

I would highly recommend contacting them if you are in the market for any kegging equipment/supplies.

Todd from keg connection was fantastic today. I purchased a 2 regulator setup about a year ago..and yesterday one of the regulator bodies started leaking from a hairline crack in the solid brass back. After a quick email and call from Todd...they are taking care of the Mfg defect.

Stand up customer service

Once again, massive kudos to Keg Connection. I love doing business with these guys.

They even fulfilled my "special request"...

1381438_10202236552263690_716555488_n.jpg

I also recently had a great experience with this vendor
Fast shipping , good product and great communication

Highly recommend

I have to send out another kudos to Kegconnection... amazingly incredibly top notch customer service. AGAIN.

They have yet to hold the fact that I'm an idiot against me..

I posted previously about the order I placed with KegConnection in late December 2012. While shipping was a tad slow due to he holidays, they did an amazing job.

Fast forward to two days ago. I had turned off my tank valve to stop force carbing overnight. In the morning, I went to turn it back on and it was venting CO2 out of the rear from the first primary on the line.

I called the manufacturer (Taprite). The secretary had no idea what I was talking about and instead referred me back to KegCo. Oh boy, this is going to be fun. Every time a manufacturer has referred me back to the vendor, I get the run-around and then "sorry, it's out of warranty" spiel.

Not this time! After a minute or two on the phone with KegCo's secretary, I was transferred to the owner, Todd. He immediately knew what the problem was (manufacturer defect) and offered to fix it for me. When I asked how much, he told me it was a free warranty repair. What?! I bought this thing from him 16 months ago and told him honestly that it'd been that long. That's when he offered to also pay the shipping back to me, and then promised to give the repair top priority once I ship it to them.

I'm floored. That's a level of service that's unheard of.

I fiddled with the reg for another hour the next morning and managed to get it to accept tank pressure. I don't dare turn off the tank now, for fear it will fail permanently.

I'm so impressed that this morning I ordered a backup Taprite single primary regulator from KegCo. Clearly they're willing to back their product, so I have no qualms paying a few dollars more than other vendors for this level of service. Once it arrives, I'll box up my dual and send it on in.

Couldn't recommend more highly.

Another very satisfied Keg Connection customer here.

After happily using my 4-way high-pressure Taprite regulator for two years, my keezer temperature probe failed, freezing the beer and forcing slush back up the lines into the regulator bodies (2 years ago they didn't have check valves). Cue sticky regulators, irregular pressure control, and a general mess.

Zack at Keg Connection offered to clean and refurbish it and add check valves, for the cost of postage and parts. However once I returned it he discovered that there was actually a more serious problem with it, and offered simply to replace it with an updated model with check valves at no cost!

Great customer service, and a loyal future customer.

So i am not one to normally post reviews but I was completely blown away with the company. I had no issues so cant comment of the customer service for an issues. I ordered a 4 keg set up for my Keezer build. The ordering was awesome. I was able to upgrade or drop almost anything. When i got the set up i fully intended to spend the day connecting lines and attaching fittings. When I opened the box they had already opened everything and connected it all with quality connections. All the lines were connected to the mannifold and to the keg connectors. The regulator was all connected. It was awesome. I planned on spending the day doing it and instead i got it all hooked up in about 30 min and brewed. Dont see many companies take the extra step! Loyal customer now!

Big thumbs up for this place. They are running a special where you buy a keg system and get the kegs 1/2 price. Everything shipped fast, was packaged well and looks good quality. If anyone is thinking about getting into kegging, you might check this out.

Just got my keg setup from kegconnection. Shipped fast, included a free beer line upgrade and o-ring set. Awesome experience with them.

Well, I just placed an order for a 3ga ball lock corney keg from them so we will see!

Ordered a two faucet tower setup when they were having the sale on kegs. Received everything within a week. Love how the setup came hooked up and ready to go. Install was a breeze. Kegs are in great shape too. I will be a repeat customer and recommend them.

Very happy with Keg Connection. Ordered a half price re-furbed pin lock during the sale along with a separate regulator, new keg lids with manual PRV and some various MFL fittings, etc. Everything was shipped promptly and I received it within 4 business days from the order date. I did have one issue. I wanted some extra keg o-rings and did not order any because the description said it came with an extra set. They did not include them in my order. I emailed them the next day and had spare o-rings and a cool key-ring bottle opener with in a couple days. Thanks guys! I'll be a return customer.

Great service for me. Ordered all the parts for a jockey box build for our club (minus the tailpiece nuts, which they were out of) and everything was correct and came in a very reasonable amount of time.

I put "Beer me!" in the comments, and they said "sure thing!" and included a nice sticker and coaster!

Their prices were competitive with other places and I got all the stuff in one shot. #thumbsup

Just wanted to give a shout out to Zack at Keg Connection. I ordered a 4 tap kit with 4 used ball lock kegs. Upon receiving the kit I noticed that the rubber bottom on one of the kegs was cracked and appeared to have been glued back on, causing the keg to sit with a pretty drastic lean. I reached out to Zack and sent him a picture of the keg in question. Without hesitation Zack shot me an email back saying they'd be sending me out a new keg...AND I could keep the other one :rockin:

Thanks for the awesome customer service, you've got a customer for life :tank:

I have to agree. I have purchased several kegs from KC. Each was as good or better than expected. The service was great and the prices are the best I have found so far.
I intend to send them as much of my business as I can and I hope they intend to expand their product line.

Back