Kegconnection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you contacted Keg Connection regarding the missing items? I would not automatically blame the supplier. There were probably several packages in this shipment. I often placed orders for a company that I worked for and had the items get separated in shipping and arrive over several days. Keg Connections can have the shipment tracked and find out what the shipping details are. If the problem is on their end they may not even know if you do not contact them......

Just went to airgas and exchanged the container lol....2x the size of the one I got from kc + gas for $75. Next stop...a nitrogen english northern brown ale! Can't Wait! :D

Just to follow up on my previous posts. I had a long discussion with Todd about the history of my order and hearing what had transpired it truly seemed to be the perfect storm of issues related to what I had wanted.

My tower shipped on the following Monday and arrived quickly. KC has certainly redeemed themselves in my book and I would order from them again.

What a change of heart once you actually talked to the guys. They've always done right by me.

Been a few days now and still haven't heard anything about the missing keg. I'm kinda starting to get frustrated because I'd heard nothing but good things about KC. I've got beer ready to rack and no keg. :mad:

So, you've talked about getting full co2 tanks from your lhbs, but you have no kegs? Interesting...

I am positive you can get full bottles shipped to you....you just are going to have to get a private company to do it to get the permits...tag their trucks and drive it to you...Might be cheaper to just go get it filled....

Honestly, it is considered bad form to gripe about a company before they have a chance to resolve the situation. It sounds like you have tried all methods of contact, but giving them a little more time is not a bad idea. I empathize as I am impatient as well and would be frustrated if I had not received a response within 24 hours.

In the description of the link you posted it does show that a corny keg is included. I am curious to see how this pans out as I am planning on ordering a 3 keg setup from them in the near future.

jdlev said:
Been a few days now and still haven't heard anything about the missing keg. I'm kinda starting to get frustrated because I'd heard nothing but good things about KC. I've got beer ready to rack and no keg. :mad:

That's funny cause if you look at their threads most are complaining about KC. I myself tried to order some stuff from them a while back and could barely even get a quote after repeated contacts.

Please provide the name of a company that will ship a CO2 tank, full. Since it's against federal law, we'd all love to know!

Yoop, as I've stated, it was a noobie mistake. When all I've done is pick up co2 tanks at the lhbs, that's all I had to compare it to. Of course, the light bulb went off as soon as I twisted the nozzle, and nothing. For people new to brewing, it would be helpful if vendors would state that you need to fill the bottle.

As for deleting my post...please note that I wasn't the one who started anything. No one asked for whats his name to post or cause problems in this thread. People trolling on the internet ruins forums, and I was a little peeved. I apologize to the moderators for my hasty response.

Todd from KC finally got back in touch with me, and they're sending out the keg today. :)

Any recent reviews on KC? How their shipping speed on a kit like this with nothing super special? Ive been Eyeing up their 5 keg standard kit, for under 200 bucks shipped with a dual body regulator, all hoses disconnects and a 4 way manifold right now Im thinking thats the best deal out there.

$200 for a 5 keg conversion kit? I think not sir, but if it's true then i need to order a whole bunch from them right away.

I don't think the kit includes the actual kegs or a CO2 tank. I think it is just the other parts that bigpapa listed - regulator, hoses, disconnects, and 5-way manifold.

Any recent reviews on KC? How their shipping speed on a kit like this with nothing super special? Ive been Eyeing up their 5 keg standard kit, for under 200 bucks shipped with a dual body regulator, all hoses disconnects and a 4 way manifold right now Im thinking thats the best deal out there.

shipping always takes about 4-5 days for me (including the weekend) I tend to order during the week. On my last order they forgot to pack the actual keg. So I called and then Todd called me back around 6pm last night, and he assured me that they will get a keg out to my today. Not too upset, mistakes happen. We had a good laugh about how 3 people (# required to check off a packing list) could miss something as big as a Keg.

I picked up a 2 keg kit...Kegs were in very good shape, and at the time they had a promotion with a free set of extra seals with the kegs. Got the order in 4 business days (Rural AZ). I plan on getting a couple more kegs from KC soon...

usually "good" customer service means that they at least pick up the phone or call you back.

I am building a 5 tap keezer and wanted to get a custom setup from kc... Its like pulling teeth trying to get these guys to answer the phone. When I finally do get ben to answer, he says he is at lunch and will call me "first thing when he gets back in the office." THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO!... what a joke.

Anyways, I ended up purchasing my order for $100 cheaper from beveragefactory.com yesterday, and will be getting my shipment on friday! Although they werent that friendly on the phone at first, their prices are cheaper and at least I can get ahold of them during "normal business hours."

Marlowefire said:
shipping always takes about 4-5 days for me (including the weekend) I tend to order during the week. On my last order they forgot to pack the actual keg. So I called and then Todd called me back around 6pm last night, and he assured me that they will get a keg out to my today. Not too upset, mistakes happen. We had a good laugh about how 3 people (# required to check off a packing list) could miss something as big as a Keg.

So ended up that because they forgot my keg and I placed the order over the phone. They had no order to reference, so whoever is in shipping referenced my first order online ad shipped me 2 kegs instead of one. So I got a free keg. Thanks keg connection!!! So that's $50 dollars I didn't have to spend.

I've never heard that it was specifically against federal law to ship any pressurized or liquefied gas. While working at UPS, I handled hundreds of cylinders containing everything from Hydrogen to Xenon and even Halon. The restrictions on such things were and are that they cannot be shipped any air service, and prohibitively high cost of shipping a full tank. Most shippers only take filled cylinders (Or any hazardous material) from companies under specific contracts to do so, and then charge based on a hazmat-specific fee schedule and an additional hazmat handling fee. Basically, it can cost an additional $30-50 to ship what; $10, $20 worth of something as common as CO2? It might be worth it if the stuff wasn't available locally everywhere.

Ordered their two-tap kegerator conversion kit and received everything in a timely manner.

The first night, the co2 tank tipped over and the attached regulator (their in-house model) lightly bumped into the leg of a table. No understatement, it hit the table about as lightly as a dog brushing by a table would hit it. I caught it, relieved that damage couldnt have been done.

It was pretty much destroyed. Two of the three gauges were bent-up. I did the soap test and they didn't leak, plus they could still display pressure, but not beyond a certain limit (One was bent to the point it would only show up to 12 PSI, the other was the CO2 capacity gauge, it wouldn't go down past 500 PSI).

So I went ahead and hooked everything up.

Second night? CO2 tank is drained. After I got it re-filled (so now I'm down 40 bucks total) and soap-tested the whole setup, one keg was pissing air from the release valve (its a pin lock, no manual release). It blows my mind this made it past their quality control.

SO I decide to only hook it up to just the good keg. This works for 3 days. Then, AGAIN, the pressure starts dropping at an alarming rate. I read up and am told to submerge the tank and regulators in a tub of water, and see where bubbles come out.

Bubbles pour from the regulator, and the tank is once again drained.

Please don't give me the "well, don't knock your tank over!". My close friend has a regulator made by another company that he has accidentally slammed to the ground repeatedly (AND done the water test to without issues) over the YEARS and it continues to run fine and the only ascetic damage is a few scratches on the regulator. The gauges and pressure-holding ability are unaffected.

Upon contacting KC.com, I was sent another lid for the keg and told that regulators are, by nature, fragile (which is essentially the opposite of standing behind your product)

Extremely dissatisfied. I'm buying a regulator from another company and once again filling up my tank (so...60 in the hole, plus the 55 for another dual-gauge regulator, two keg pressure, one co2 gauge).

I thought I was getting a bargain (lets face it, they blow everybody's prices out of the water).

Now I wish I just paid for quality.

Ordered their two-tap kegerator conversion kit and received everything in a timely manner.

The first night, the co2 tank tipped over and the attached regulator (their in-house model) lightly bumped into the leg of a table. No understatement, it hit the table about as lightly as a dog brushing by a table would hit it. I caught it, relieved that damage couldnt have been done.

It was pretty much destroyed. Two of the three gauges were bent-up. I did the soap test and they didn't leak, plus they could still display pressure, but not beyond a certain limit (One was bent to the point it would only show up to 12 PSI, the other was the CO2 capacity gauge, it wouldn't go down past 500 PSI).

So I went ahead and hooked everything up.

Second night? CO2 tank is drained. After I got it re-filled (so now I'm down 40 bucks total) and soap-tested the whole setup, one keg was pissing air from the release valve (its a pin lock, no manual release). It blows my mind this made it past their quality control.

SO I decide to only hook it up to just the good keg. This works for 3 days. Then, AGAIN, the pressure starts dropping at an alarming rate. I read up and am told to submerge the tank and regulators in a tub of water, and see where bubbles come out.

Bubbles pour from the regulator, and the tank is once again drained.

Please don't give me the "well, don't knock your tank over!". My close friend has a regulator made by another company that he has accidentally slammed to the ground repeatedly (AND done the water test to without issues) over the YEARS and it continues to run fine and the only ascetic damage is a few scratches on the regulator. The gauges and pressure-holding ability are unaffected.

Upon contacting KC.com, I was sent another lid for the keg and told that regulators are, by nature, fragile (which is essentially the opposite of standing behind your product)

Extremely dissatisfied. I'm buying a regulator from another company and once again filling up my tank (so...60 in the hole, plus the 55 for another dual-gauge regulator, two keg pressure, one co2 gauge).

I thought I was getting a bargain (lets face it, they blow everybody's prices out of the water).

Now I wish I just paid for quality.

You admit you dropped the tank... Not sure why I'm responding to this just your post frustrates me in that you clearly caused the damage yet you place the blame in another instead... Good luck with getting your system going though. I took notes and will try not to drop my own tank.

A friend of mine recently bought a regulator from an online vendor, however not Keg Connection, that arrived with the face of the dial some how bent yet no physical damage to the clear plastic housing. It was their own brand of regulator.... He is easy going and said he'll with it I'll use it it still tells the pressure despite the deformed gauge face. Well two kegs later the regulator reads 2-3 psi whether gas is flowing or not. I suspect this is a manufacturing issue, that's not to say the vendor isnt responsible. In contrast, the regulator that came with my very old and USED Beverage-Air draft cooler is built like a tank and has been abused by me and presumably by the frat I bought it from and bar(s) that owned it previously.

You admit you dropped the tank... Not sure why I'm responding to this just your post frustrates me in that you clearly caused the damage yet you place the blame in another instead... Good luck with getting your system going though. I took notes and will try not to drop my own tank.

I bumped the tank. Its just poorly made. I compare it to a buddy's regulator and my lhbs regulators and it definitely doesn't stack up in quality or durability. I drop my iPhone. It still works perfectly.

It sounds like you're making excuses for a bad product. Consumers shouldn't expect shoddy construction and excessively fragile products. The onus is on the company.

"Please don't give me the "well, don't knock your tank over!". My close friend has a regulator made by another company that he has accidentally slammed to the ground repeatedly (AND done the water test to without issues) over the YEARS and it continues to run fine and the only ascetic damage is a few scratches on the regulator. The gauges and pressure-holding ability are unaffected."

You should take a note to gain some level of literacy. Also, Where do you see the word "dropped"?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wonder if they are using different gauges now. I have a set up I purchased over a year ago from them. I keep my C02 tank in the chest freezer and have knocked it over many times loading and unloading kegs and it still works fine.

Hey I dropped my car and it broke. Must be volkswagens fault. I dropped my iphone and it broke must be apples fault. Sorry if your regulator doesn't withstand a 2 megaton blast but try not to drop things. I've gotten a lot of stuff through kegconnection and they have always had quality products.

Hey I dropped my car and it broke. Must be volkswagens fault. I dropped my iphone and it broke must be apples fault. Sorry if your regulator doesn't withstand a 2 megaton blast but try not to drop things. I've gotten a lot of stuff through kegconnection and they have always had quality products.

Wow, you're way off base! He's not expecting it withstand a "blast", but it should be able to withstand the tank being knocked over. I have a set I'd gauges in my MIG welder that have withstood a ton of abuse. It is not unreasonable for the OP to expect it perform after being knocked over. It didn't, the vendor should make it right, period!

pickles said:
Wow, you're way off base! He's not expecting it withstand a "blast", but it should be able to withstand the tank being knocked over. I have a set I'd gauges in my MIG welder that have withstood a ton of abuse. It is not unreasonable for the OP to expect it perform after being knocked over. It didn't, the vendor should make it right, period!

I don't see how lightly he says it bumped would "bend" gauges. That means it had to bend the frame or bend the plastic cover or something. Something is greatly amiss with the OPs retelling

Pics would help

I believe it 100% I saw similar damage on my friends setup. His gauges are lightweight junk and can assume it came from a similar if not the same supplier.

Back