Kegconnection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I recently placed my second order with kegconnection, and with it, they earned a customer for life!

My first order was rather uneventful - pretty simple, and nothing really out of the ordinary. I ordered a beer-gas tank and regulator. Everything came within a week (timely, since they're in TX; I'm in DE). It was packed well, and the prices were pretty cheap.

A week goes by and I realize, "shoot, I need a stout faucet". So I scramble to my go-to online HBS, where my (beautiful, amazing) wife agrees to buy it for me for Valentines day. I go to order it - SOLD OUT! WHAT?!?

In a panic, I say, hey, I had a good experience with KC, let's give it a whirl. I get there, and find that the stout taps, as well as the Perlicks I've been eying are $20 cheaper!

Rewind 1 week: Texas gets struck with extreme cold, and shuts down many businesses (frozen pipes FTL!). KC was one of those companies. This set them back a few days. They responded by a) being proactive and letting customers on HERE know that and b) putting an advisory on their site.

I saw both of these, and was expecting the delay. I'm ok with that, I wasn't in a big rush (and I'm still not). I placed the order for my stout and perlick faucets and went about my business, expecting to receive shipping details in about 5 days.

Day 5 comes, and I get a call from some random number in Texas. It's Todd (the owner) from KC. Turns out that my stout faucet's out of stock. :( And the reason - the manufacturers (2 of them) are both out of stock. :(.

When I got the call, I believed it to be an honest mistake right away, because a competitor (looking now, several) was out of stock as well. In addition, they had already been very forward about the processing delays. I had no reason not to believe them.

At this point Todd offered me a couple of options - refund my money or wait to get them in. Turns out they're going to be in 8 days. EIGHT DAYS!!! Most vendors would've just swept it under the rug, and maybe sent me an automated e-mail saying "hey your crap's back ordered". But Todd took the time out of HIS day (not some lackey in the back stock room who doesn't care what happens to your order) to keep his valued customers informed. THAT is customer service.

When ordering from Kegconnection, expect honesty, responsiveness, knowledgeable staff and great customer service.

Imagine that, a positive experience out of an order with problems, and all it took was a phone call! You guys rock. I'll be ordering from you again.

Thanks, Todd

Just completed a 2 tap keg system order from them.

Shipped immediately and was in my hands in a few days.

Kegs were in good shape, all ordered parts were present, and entire system pressurized without incident.

Very pleased.

Ordered a 2 keg setup from them around December for myself as a gift from someone else. Shipping details ended up being confused (my own fault) and the person I spoke with at Keg Connection was more than cordial. They gave me their cellphone number to call back on instead of waiting on the main line, and held true to all their promises of taking care of it for me.

I've worked in the service industry and can spot people who care when I deal with them. I would gladly give my business to them again. I got a great deal on the setup and they even offered to extend a limited discount if my details took a day or two to get worked out. Kegs arrived in good condition and pressurized, everything put together and packed well.

Completely positive customer experience.

Edit - Best deal I could find as well, and I looked ;)

I've also had good experiences with them- nothing crazy, but great prices and ease of everything.

So right below this post is a post raving about kegconnection.com. I was even referred to them by some one on this site, so I'm gathering that they can't be a terrible company.

Anyways, I e-mailed them with what I needed and they sent me a quote. I replied with the quote asking if the only way to purchase that specific quote was to call them or if there was a way to do it online. I received no answer.

This was probably about a week or two ago. I then called yesterday and left a message with Ben and never received a call back. This is probably about noon or 1 their time. I also tried all their other numbers and got a busy signal then after a while it rang for a while and went straight to voicemail.

Are they on vacation or something? Is there another supplier I should look at purchasing from? I need a keg and some equipment as I have a bucket of beer in my fridge that's taking up a good bit of space and is ready to be kegged.

I know myself and a few others on here have had a few problems but they have always stepped up and made things right when that happened.

I say give them a bit and try to call back and then if not shoot an email again to customer service and also CC it to the owner (he has posted on here a few times and is VERY helpful).

His name is todd. [email protected]

I placed a nice size order with KC about a month ago knowing that they were having some growing pains. Todd called me and we chatted for a while talking about the issues. Bottom line.....he is committed to providing good products at at good price and excellent customer service. If you are having an issue I think he would want to know about it.

This is not a paid endorsement.....just a happy customer :)

Jason

I called at lunch and after trying three numbers and finally getting through on the one that was busy I got to some one and they got my order taken care of. I should have a keg by next week.

unfortunately........they aren't always very responsive.

i think they're doing their best, they're very busy, and very helpful.

I haven't had much luck with them on email, but have found that they have been extremely helpful via phone. If you get a busy signal, try calling back. IIRC, at one point they said that they only had 2 people working at one time. In any event, I personally think very highly of them. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll be happy!

Welcome to my world! I just bought (or I think I did) a Nitro and CO2 system from them... I emailed them and recieved one reply and then nothing else after that... I called and talked to Ben who "processed" my order. That was a few days ago, I didn't recieve a copy of the paid invoice in my email and I don't see the charge on my card yet. They must be slammed or something. I'm going to send Todd an email and see if I can at least check and make sure everything I was ordering actually made it on the order... Hopefully I'll get some boxes in the mail next week.

Not that I want to start anything back up as I'm happy with the company but it does seem that a majority of the people having problems do mention Ben's name, myself included when I had my problems.

3 (counting me) in this thread alone

Just sayin'

Not that I want to start anything back up as I'm happy with the company but it does seem that a majority of the people having problems do mention Ben's name, myself included when I had my problems.

Just sayin'

He was incredibly helpful on the phone. I'll say I emailed Todd and had something back from Ben within a half hour. Todd is out and about picking up another supply of Kegs. We'll see how it ends up upon arrival. I'm satisfied though so far! I just wanted a copy of my darn invoice. I think they offer the most comprehensive kits. I had trouble finding someone who would do dual body - mountable regulators in a kit. I don't think Ben puts together the kits, I think he just processes the orders. :fro:

I ordered almost 300 bucks worth of odds and ends last week. I called in the order and Todd spent almost 40 minuets with me on the phone making sure I was getting what i needed. I can tell you I could hear the other phones in the background ringing like mad the whole time we were talking. He also told me his shipping was a few days behind and asked if that was OK with me.

I haven't got my stuff yet but I was very happy with the phone service. He was upfront and I could tell they were swamped.

I ordered my 2 Ball Lock Cornie System from Keg Connectios and everything showed up in good working order for a good price. There was a big snow storm that delayed shipping by about 2-3 days and because of that they threw in few bag of keg cleaner in my order. They sent out an email notifying me about the delay as well, so there weren't any surprises. Although they aren't the most responsive when trying to email them, at least they went out of their way to compensate for something out of their control. I'd recommend them.

I've dealt with Ben and Todd. Ben even delivered some parts to my office when he came in to San Antonio to pick up some parts. KC is great.

I have talked with Ben in the past and was very happy with the service. Although this was probably 9 months ago. I'm glad to hear they are busy. I'm sure they will figure out what needs to be done if they are trying to keep up with the volume of sales.

Just sayin'
When I ordered from KC a while back I worked with Ben. Everything was perfect, including Ben's customer service skills. Just sayin' ;) Cheers!!!

What in the world? I called them twice yesterday and left a message, no call-back. I've sent three emails in the last week asking for a status, no return email. I put in my order almost 2 weeks ago... Blah. Maybe I'll get lucky and something will show up today...

I had a number of issues tring to get an order placed 2 different times via email when working directly with Ben. When I finally started CC'ing all of my email messages to Todd, I started getting replies.

In the future if I were to order anything other than what appears on the website in the configurations shown, I would only call them on the phone and deal with Todd.

I will say that they did take care of me after they messed up the order that took weeks to get placed. As part of my order, I had ordered and additional 20' of hose to be made up as 4 lengths (5 ft each). What I got was 4 hoses 3 feet each (12 feet total). They ended up reshipping replacement air hose, clamps, and they included a clamp tool so I could reconfigure the manifold hoses that were done incorrectly. This was a much better solution than just refunding me for the cost difference in hose length (about $5).

I can honestly see myself never ordering from them again. Granted they seem like nice people and do follow through in the end, getting any sort of good customer service or promptness is like pulling teeth. Communication is nearly non-exisistent and if it wasnt for their prices being decent and me already starting to build my system with them I would have stopped using them a long time ago. Thank god I've never been in a rush for the parts since completing an order seems to always take over a week.

First order went simple enough. Placed it online, processed and shipped out about 2 weeks later. Only delayed due to Black Friday deals.

Next order. Huge communication break down. No returned calls. They mis-read my emails and quoted wrong pricing and sent out wrong parts.

Third order they made up for it with some adjusted pricing. But again, another communication break-down and order ended up being delayed a few days because of this.

Last order to complete the system since I wanted matching regulators and parts. AGAIN, another communicaiton breakdown. Everyone left for vacation. They had time to reply to my email but not complete my order before leaving. Left a message with another person there to never receive any sort of return call. I was promised my order to be sent out yesterday, and to my knowledge that was never done either.

Overall, i'm done with this company and glad to have my system completed.

When I was nooby and trying to figure out what to buy, their communication did slack a bit when I emailed. Called 'em once and Todd was very helpful. Then that weekend I did lots of research on HBT and figured out what I needed and placed my order. Shipped in two days and packaged well.

Basically, you can either have higher prices and go with a company that employs more Customer Support representatives, or you can order from places like this that have much much cheaper products. I'll definitely order from KegConnection for a third time if I need. Their CS wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I'd rather save money than have some huffy sweet talk me :p

I ordered my kegging set up from Keg Connection, and got great customer service. Since then I have send two other home brewers there way. All transactions have been flawless.

I just realized its my brew partners birthday this Saturday and ordered him a complete kegging set up. Spoke with Todd again and he was very helpful. Will recommend this company again!

Keep up the good work Todd. :mug:

Even with their $7.95 flat rate shipping, it's cheaper to get a 4-pack of kegs from CornyKeg.. just sayin..

In my case I am ordering a set up to make a kegerator from them. Like this:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=330

Corny Keg, would be much more than keg connection in that regard. Two Shank Assembly and Corny Keg Faucets from them alone would be about $111.00, not including shipping.

I'll not order from them again either. Purchased a 4 keg system from them. Everything is great except the kegs. They are definitely not "A" grade kegs. They are beat to hell, rubber is disintegrating or disintegrated. One has a 2 inch deep sharp ding - worried that it may eventually puncture there if bumped. 3 out of 4 would not hold pressure, even though they claim they are all pressure tested (2 out of 4 were pressurized when arrived, but only one of those will hold pressure now). Ripped two apart and replaced all the O-rings - the rings on them (other than the lids) look like they have been on there for 20 years: formed to their surroundings, cracking and falling apart. None of the rings were lubed (as they claim). Looks like at least they had been cleaned, but definitely not rinsed - dried cleaning solution all over the insides of them.

I have got 3 of 4 now to at least hold pressure after dismantling, cleaning, replacing O-rings and lubing, though one has plastic feet that are failing and had to put pennies under it to get it to seal. However, one of them absolutely will NOT seal no matter what I do - leaks like a sieve through the lid. Made the mistake of putting beer in one and naturally carbing without first changing the O-rings. Tried a sample off the keg, then went back later and the poppit had not sealed back properly, and beer had leaked out the poppit all over the floor. Had to pull out the dip tube and replace the O-ring, hopefully it will be okay now, and hopefully the beer is okay.

Definitely unhappy with my purchase. Wish I would have gone somewhere else.

Definitely unhappy with my purchase. Wish I would have gone somewhere else.

Have you checked with them to hold good on their claims, or are you just gonna ***** about a bad product?

Everything I've seen says that KegConnection will make things right if there's something you're not satisfied with....

Communication is nearly non-exisistent and if it wasnt for their prices being decent and me already starting to build my system with them I would have stopped using them a long time ago.

x2.

I had a custom order, they said they were going to call back in an hour...didn't call back at all. Had to call them the next day since they didn't return my call, took my CC #, e-mailed them my billing/shipping address and they said the order would go out that day or the next day. Didn't receive a tracking number and got no e-mail notification. I mistakenly thought everything was taken care of.

10 days later, I still hadn't received anything via e-mail or UPS. Sent an e-mail asking for the status and they never even forwarded my order to packaging/shipping! They said they would send it out via 3-day. By that time, they started offering $7.95 shipping (7 days after I thought my order was placed and 3 days before it was shipped)...I paid $26 shipping and they didn't even discount me to their new offer of $7.95.

Communication was a big problem.

Just completed a 2 tap keg system order from them.

Shipped immediately and was in my hands in a few days.

Kegs were in good shape, all ordered parts were present, and entire system pressurized without incident.

Very pleased.

Must have ordered on a weekend or something. Ben hooked me up in literally 1 day. I ordered yesterday and the shipper has it scheduled for delivery today. No negativity though. I would be happy with a week lead time.

These guys are fantastic!

So right below this post is a post raving about kegconnection.com. I was even referred to them by some one on this site, so I'm gathering that they can't be a terrible company.

Anyways, I e-mailed them with what I needed and they sent me a quote. I replied with the quote asking if the only way to purchase that specific quote was to call them or if there was a way to do it online. I received no answer.

This was probably about a week or two ago. I then called yesterday and left a message with Ben and never received a call back. This is probably about noon or 1 their time. I also tried all their other numbers and got a busy signal then after a while it rang for a while and went straight to voicemail.

Are they on vacation or something? Is there another supplier I should look at purchasing from? I need a keg and some equipment as I have a bucket of beer in my fridge that's taking up a good bit of space and is ready to be kegged.

Not that it matters now...but most of Texas was slammed with winter storms basically the whole month of February.

I ordered a two keg system and dual tower two weeks ago on a Monday morning. I called in the order since they had just changed their kits to allow customization and wanted to make sure I got the correct parts. When I ordered they indicated that they might a day or so behind because they were out of CO2 tanks.

I have never received an email with my invoice.
I had already setup an online account which I referenced over the phone when I called to place my order but the order doesn't show up in my account.

I called late in the day on Thursday of the first week (4 days out) and asked about the order status. KC indicated that they were just waiting on tower gaskets that should be in no later than Friday.
Tuesday (8 days later) and no emails so I called again. This time I was told that they were having parts supply issues with the towers. I asked them to split the shipment so that I can get the kegs/regulator/CO2 system in hand which they did and this part of the order arrived on Thursday (11 days)
Its now been two full business weeks and I have not received an email on the Tower shipment. At this point I will call one more time on Monday but if they are still out of stock will cancel the order for my tower and go somewhere else.

KC seem to be run by nice people that are trying but these guys need a lot of work on customer communications. Anyone that has run a business realizes that stock outs do occur from time to time. However, a simple email to notify customers of their orders being held up can go a long way and the time spent would pay off ten fold. I am going to now call for the third time about my order which certainly has taken more customer service time then KC sending an email or two.

I will post again with my resolution but at this point I am not sure that I would order from them again.

I sent Todd an email this morning and mentioned my problems and immediately got a reply. He gave a very detailed description of all of the issues that seem to have hit my particular order including a problem he has been fighting in getting shanks delivered.

He was very responsive and indicated that he fully expect them to arrive on Monday at which time he will get my order out.

It was great to receive this email and know what is going on. I will post with the final results but I think that they may redeem themselves in my book.

I must say, so far it's been a rough experience in my first order from Keg Connection. I paid close to $300 for their full nitrogen setup, and come to find the nitro bottle ships empty. While shipping pressurized gas is probably a no no because of UPS, it makes no mention of it on their website that the tank is empty. For us newbs, I figured it'd come full just like the co2 tanks you'd purchase at the lhbs. If it's standard practice to ship empty tanks, I wish they'd list that on their website because last night I was expecting a nitro beer, and instead have an empty tank.

To boot, I'm still waiting on the other half of the order. It looks like it comes with a corny keg (which I fully expected), and the replacement rings for it. Neither of these items have arrived, and the order was placed over 2 weeks ago.

On a positive note, I will say that they take extra care in packaging items. The items I did receive were bundled up tighter than fort knox.

While the website doesn't state it's empty it also makes no implication it is full. You purchased the cylinder, as described, not the contents. When you purchase a keg it doesn't come full of beer either.

While the website doesn't state it's empty it also makes no implication it is full. You purchased the cylinder, as described, not the contents. When you purchase a keg it doesn't come full of beer either.

Yeah, but when you purchase a co2 tank, it comes full...

I thought it was a federal regulation that tanks had to ship empty. I've never had one shipped to me full. Every site I've seen has said the tank ships empty.

If sold locally, sure. Shipping a filled cylinder won't happen though, from any retailer.

I've never had a problem with Keg Connection. As was stated earlier, getting a full cylinder shipped ain't gonna happen. Ever.

When I bought my starter kit with them, I got a call the following day that their 5 lb CO2 tanks were backordered and asked if they could replace it with a 10 lb tank at no extra charge. Pretty good customer service in my book. Does your receipt indicate that the corny is backordered (which I would find suprising)? If not, I don't think you ordered the kit that you thought you did.

Yeah. Shipping full cylinders is a DOT issue. It can be done, but only by specially licensed suppliers. Not UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc.

From a customer service standpoint it makes sense to state it on the website, but I understand why they don't. I think most people who order a gas cylinder realize it has to ship empty.

Back