Keg tower DIY assistance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like about $25 in black pipe and a few faucets/shanks. You should absolutely DIY. Upgrade the faucets with the money you're saving.

Those parts should all come threaded from any plumbing supply place... use thread sealant, thread tape, or something similar to prevent marring during assembly. I'd also top coat it with paint to prevent rust inside and out... buy the paint that looks like rust if that's the look you're going for.

Finally, of course there are beer lines in this thing! :smack:

Brewdiction said:
Looks like about $25 in black pipe and a few faucets/shanks. You should absolutely DIY. Upgrade the faucets with the money you're saving. Those parts should all come threaded from any plumbing supply place... use thread sealant, thread tape, or something similar to prevent marring during assembly. I'd also top coat it with paint to prevent rust inside and out... buy the paint that looks like rust if that's the look you're going for. Finally, of course there are beer lines in this thing! :smack:

Smack to head accepted.:)

Cracking me up....yeah, I'm gonna have to find a plumbing place. I can't seem to find the right stuff online at homedepot or lowes. I'm gonna visit homedepot today to see what they have in stock

Still doing some research but these pipes are more expensive them I though. Still not too bad though ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388463309.293324.jpg

And I gotta find a way to put the shanks and faucets in their place

See, that's what I get for working at a chemical plant. The inability to not imagine liquid flowing directly through the pipes.:). Thanks for not calling me a dumb ass fellas!

This is why I love the Home Brew Talk family, Domantori was just unsure and noone was a ****** about it!! You guys all rock.:ban:

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. Did you end up using 2" pipe and fittings? Trying to decide if I should go 2" or 3"? I'm gonna have three taps. Thanks

Latest posts

Back