Keg System Reccomendation Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhomer

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post, so i should probably introduce myself. I've been extract brewing (with steeping grains) for about 5 years. I brew three or four times a year, and I have always bottled. I've decided I'd like to brew more often, and I want a keg setup to avoid bottling. I came across a free chest freezer :ban:, and I've bought the Johnson Controls temp controller. Now I just need the keg system.

I think I want 3 ball-lock kegs (that is what my keezer will hold), a 5# co2 tank, and, for now, I'm happy with picnic taps. (I also need all the other accoutrement - regulator, manifold, lines, etc.) I've been looking around, and I haven't found any supplier I'm super excited about. I'm in Indianapolis, IN. Any and all advice on what and where to buy is greatly appreciated.

Buy a couple of extra kegs. You can use them to bulk age, carb before you have the tap space, and all kinds of other things you will come up with.

KegCowboy is reasonablly priced and great customer service. Check the vendor list they usually have a 5% off coupon. Depending on your setup, but everybody uses 10' of beer line not the 5' standard with everybody's kits.

I found Kegconnection.com to have the best overall prices and shipping was reasonable. You can get just about everything from them which will save you on shipping from mulitple vendors.

Back