Keg O - Ring Replacements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in this info also. I bought a bunch of used kegs recently and was told the O rings needed be changed on some, but they haven't seemed to have any problems yet.

It's not a set time - just look at the o-rings every time you empty or fill a keg and replace one if it is worn out. If it has cracks or other signs of wear, toss it. If you have any doubt about it, toss it.

I replace all mine as soon as I buy a keg. The old orings were used with soda, plus don't want any chance of leaks. Its a small price to pay to make sure you don't have a beer failure.

I just bought a couple of hundred packs and plan on replacing the dip tube and post orings every couple of uses (only about 3 cents per oring)

I replace all the gaskets when I buy a new keg (gotta get rid of the soda contamination). In the 18 months I've been kegging I've only replaced a couple of dip tube gaskets due to wear.

Back