Keg Heaven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool sounds like a plan then. I would appreciate any extra help and it would be nice to meet up with some local brewers for future bulk buys from north country malt or such. I think I really hit a common thread with this guy so lets take a tally of how many want some and I can approach him with the number. I'm sure the more I get the lower the price, but I will have to add some for shipping materials, time and all that. Not sure who has the best rate on freight, but since they are already on pallets, that would be the best way to go to the west coast ..

Since I did $15 a pop for ten lets at least assume that .. Swapping for ball lock will be the most time consuming part, so if you can use pins that will be great ... if what this guy told me is true upgrading your system to use either pins or balls maybe a wise investment... especially if you get ten pin locks for cheap... I'm sure he wouldn't want me to completely raid his supply of posts either .... I'll take a few days and get a tally and report back. If you want some just post the number you would like, but consider shipping too. My zip is 27504. You guys out west would probably be better off going in together and getting pallets shipped to one location via freight.

I'm 1 hour and 9 minutes away from Benson, straight down 24/27. I have some storage area too, not a lot, but some. We are having a group grain buy right now, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/raleigh-area-group-grain-buy-round-2-a-192920/ Still have 9 bags to go for a full pallet. Just let me know.

I found an estimate online for just under $300 per pallet. That puts the kegs at about $30 each with freight. Pretty much the same price as MoreBeer local pick-up.

Not really worth it to ship them out here. Oh well...

You guys in the area should jump on it!

I could stand to pick up at least 10 of them, maybe more depending on how many I can fit in my car. If we could get a larger price break for buying more of them then maybe I could make some more room, though.

Hmmm... it is about a 12 hour drive for me round trip otherwise I would make plans to come pick a 10 pack. I am getting ready to put my kegging setup together, so for me all pin locks wouldn't be much of an issue. I'll have to give it some thought.

I'm not in need of any more kegs, but would be interested in parts (a few lids, posts, poppits) if anything should come out of this!

It's just so sad that they're all going bye bye over seas for...SODA! GASP. There should be a home brew charity organization for keeping cornie kegs in the states!

Back