Keg as a Coolship

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter1819

Reaction score
So i have access to a keg thats been cut in half lenthwise. Originally someone cut it to make into a grill. But was thinking could i use this as a coolship? i know the surface to air ratio really arent ideal on a homebrew scale, but curious to see what people think. Thanks!
-RYan

this is perfect thanks so much!

No problem. I found that post by reading your original post and then scrolling down to the very bottom of the page. Homebrew Talk has a built in search that lists similar posts. I'm not sure if it just searches your title or the content of the post. Either way it is a good tool to possibly find similar threads.

I've been looking into the subject a bit lately as well. I've seen photos of the split kegs as coolships, and they look like they would work. Though the shallow approach works well for massive volumes of wort on a commercial scale, it doesn't work that great with your standard 5-10 gallon homebrew batches. But it looks like you're already aware of that. The kegs can definitely work though. Doesn't hurt to experiment!

A better explanation can be found here, if you haven't read it already:

http://www.milkthefunk.com/wiki/Coolship

Back