• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopyard

Reaction score
image_zpsg6wyp4q6.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

San Francisco, East Bay, California Craigslist description:

For sale is my custom made Keezer otherwise known as a large kegerator. The word keezer comes from combining the words “Keg” and “Freezer.” Attached is a thermostat and probe that turns the chest freezer into a refrigerator. It holds four (4) Five-gallon soda kegs, and the 5 lb carbon dioxide tank along with manifold and gas lines. I am including everything needed to operate the unit including the CO2 and two (2) kegs.

I made this unit about 3 years ago using two of my hobbies which are Home Brewing and Woodworking. I have not been able to keep up with the Home brew quantity that this unit is able to store. I think a smaller scale is more suited for me which would be a 2-keg kegerator that would not take up as much space or require as much cleaning. The inside of the unit does gather condensation over time, so it should be emptied and cleaned every 3 months or so to avoid mold growth. If you are an active brewer or entertainer, this should not be too big of a deal but for me, my desire to brew exceeded my ability to consume.

All that is required to run the unit is to plug it in to the wall. Everything to run the taps is self-contained. The chest freezer was purchased new about 3 years ago from Sears. I still have the original lid which I removed and replaced with the existing custom lid which was required to attach the “coffin.” The coffin is where the beer lines exit the refrigerator and attach to the taps which are high quality Perlick. The beer lines are kept cool by recirculating cool air from inside through a canal made from foam. The recirculating fans are made from computer fans. There is a stainless steel drain and grill to catch excess beer spillover. I attached a drain line to an empty wine bottle which also requires periodic emptying.

The lid is very heavy due to the weight of the coffin, taps, tile top, wood frame, and cabinet work. To open the lid simply lift like you would an ordinary chest freezer with the assistance of two gas springs. The cabinet is framed from 2 x 4’s and then the custom maple cabinet is attached to those. The maple is partly birds-eye and has a wavy sheen which creates a striking look. Very pretty! It is finished in a lightly tinted natural stain and then shellac which give it a smooth water-resistant quality.

The unit has a “Skirt” which hides the wheels. These make it easy to move around despite the weight. Other than all this description, please call or email for additional details. This unit is ready to plug in and go but it would not hurt to be a little handy with tools to make additional improvements if needed. There’s no warranty or customer service with something like this. I will never get back the time or money that I put into building this but I hope someone else can enjoy it and put it to good use. Thanks for looking.

Asking $999 OBO
Eric
(760) 317-7647

Last edited:
Ebay seller name was strut-your-stuff-here. Has great reviews and information regarding the gas struts.

Beautiful build! Just finished my keezer build myself. Hope this goes to a great home. Best wishes!

I'm out of town and had to get dimensions from my wife. Here is what she gave me.

L= 53.5"
W= 31.25"
H= 59"

Back