Keezer ques- where is your STC-1000 probe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendog15

Reaction score
Just finished my keezer build and am wondering where the STC-1000 probe should be. Got a 7.2 cubic foot keezer, 6x2" insulated redwood collar, recirculating fan, the works. Right now my stc-1000 probe is hanging around the middle area of the keezer.

I've heard some people say they put their probe in a cup of water, or a plastic bottle of water. Where is the probe on your keezer?

I have the temp probe taped to the outside of a water bottle. And that probe is also covered by two layers of an old koozie that I cut just for this. That way the probe is protected from wildly swinging ambient temp swings.

I have an old growler full of water in one freezer, and a little 1-gallon plastic malt bucket with water in the other freezer. When the chamber is just acting as storage (keezer) I leave the probe in the bucket. I also try to keep at least 5 gallons of liquid in my 8 cubic foot freezer, and 10 gallons in the 15 cubic foot one. That helps significantly with the temperature stability.

If I switch out to fermenting in the small freezer I will tape the probe on the outside of the carboy, and then tape 2 layers of reflectix over it.

Back