Keezer Photos Please -Igloo FRF710 (7.1 cu. ft.)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skitexas

Reaction score
Looking to purchase the Igloo FRF710 Chest Freezer to convert into a Keezer. I'm trying to easily fit 3 5 gal Corny kegs with 5# CO2 with a minimal (2x4) collar. Ideally I would like to a 2.5 gal ball lock as well. (Perhaps on the hump?) So, 4 Kegs plus the CO2 Tank.

Has any one converted the FRF710? Can you send some photos? Also would like to get an idea for a god temp control set-up.

Many Thanks!
JK

I just purchased this same freezer for my Keezer build and still working on it at the moment.

I went with a 4 tap setup and my collar is 2x8, so that I can have my fourth keg on the hump and still clear the lid. Otherwise, you are limited to 3, 5 gallon kegs on the floor.

I purchased all the lines and taps from Northern Brewer and just finished up the collar stain yesterday. It will be have sealant put on the collar tonight and allow to sit for a few days before the lid gets installed and plugged in.

my temp control is a ThermoStar® Dual-Mode Digital Temperature Controller and once I get it all plugged in and operational I can send more photos.

Cheers!

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

My comments are based on a 7 cft Insignia. I just finished my keezer build. Went with this design, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/easy-peasy-no-glue-keezer-build-with-lots-of-pics.632550/.

I keep three 5 gal corney's on the floor and it's a tight fit. I also have a computer fan (51 cfm) mounted in a downward direction. I have my temp probe mounted to one of the kegs about 3/4 of the way down and insulated.

I keep my temp control set at 35 with a 3 degree differential. I can say that my beer pours at 40 degrees. The temp swing without the fan is about 15 degrees. The fan has helped but I may go with another fan mounted on the opposite side of the keezer to try and stabilize temps and moisture buildup.

The keg you will put on the hump will not be the same temp as the others on the floor. Consider fans to help but I would go with two 51 cfm or the larger size, maybe 120 cfm. Cant remember the larger size that Amazon had.

I bought most of my parts from Ritebrew. Found they had the best prices for what I wanted.
I had planned on putting my co2 tank on the hump but decided to go with bulkheads and leave the tank on the outside.
I would have thought a 10 cft freezer would fit 4 corney's on the floor with the co2 tank on the hump.

Looking to purchase the Igloo FRF710 Chest Freezer to convert into a Keezer. I'm trying to easily fit 3 5 gal Corny kegs with 5# CO2 with a minimal (2x4) collar. Ideally I would like to a 2.5 gal ball lock as well. (Perhaps on the hump?) So, 4 Kegs plus the CO2 Tank.

Has any one converted the FRF710? Can you send some photos? Also would like to get an idea for a god temp control set-up.

Many Thanks!
JK

First, here's a link to my keezer build; that build doesn't permanently attach the collar to the keezer, which makes it removable and easily movable. It's on a freezer that's almost exactly the same dimensions as yours.

Lots of pics: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/easy-peasy-no-glue-keezer-build-with-lots-of-pics.632550/

Second, a lot of people use an Inkbird 308 for temp control. I do that. The temp probe is in a quart jar half-filled with water so that it takes the temperature read from the water, not the air inside the keezer. That reduces cycling of the compressor. I hang mine on the side of the keezer collar; this pic also shows how I use camper-top cushioning tape to set the collar on:

keezertape.jpg

Finally, why 2x4s for the collar? If you go 2x6, you likely can put pinlock keg form factor kegs on the hump. MoreBeer sells a Torpedo keg with ball-lock posts but pinlock dimensions. They also sell their 'slimline' which is essentially the same as a normal ball-lock keg.

Good luck and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back