Keezer/fermentation questions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMGfan

Reaction score
Hey folks,

So I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in kegging/bottling, if its the wrong place feel free to move it.

So I finally have my kegging setup up and running on a two tap Keezer with a stc-1000 (aquarium) temp controller. Unfortunately I have neither the money nor space for another freezer/fridge for fermentation temp control. My apartment is very warm most of the time and makes hitting my fermentation temp tough.

What I'd like to know is if there's any reason why I can't use my Keezer with its temp control to double as a ferm chamber. Is it a problem to take half full kegs off gas and take them out? They'll warm up, but is that going to be a problem? I would definitely chill them down again before putting them back on gas.

Obviously I won't be able to dispense during that week, but if my beer is better for it then so be it.

Any thoughts? Is there any reason why this plan wouldn't work?

Back