Keezer died today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

Reaction score
So my keezer decided to quit working today. I can hear a slight sound of running liquids (?) coming from the condenser hump. It literally sounds like water trickling down a pipe. Any ideas what it could be? I have 2 kegs in there now but only one tap. I don't know if the thing can be fixed or not. Also, how long will the beer be good in the kegs now that I can't cool it?

The beer will be fine. It's in big bottles, just keep them sealed tight while you're recovering from terminal keezer syndrome.

As for the keezer, if the compressor is actually running when you're hearing the gurgling but the cold side isn't getting cold, I'd guess you're out of working fluid. Why, would be the question...

Cheers!

thood6 said:
I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you. My family really appreciates the outpouring of support from this forum. We will forge on, one day at a time until I replace it.

Mine died last week. Luckily my brother in law was able to come through for me and hooked me up with a small freezer to get me by.
Do you plan on salvaging any parts from the freezer or is it pretty much useless once it dies?
Mine was 25 years old and just clicks now and won't turn on. Not sure if I should just scrap the whole thing or try to steal parts for future brew endeavors..

Mine died last week. Luckily my brother in law was able to come through for me and hooked me up with a small freezer to get me by.
Do you plan on salvaging any parts from the freezer or is it pretty much useless once it dies?
Mine was 25 years old and just clicks now and won't turn on. Not sure if I should just scrap the whole thing or try to steal parts for future brew endeavors..

I don't know that it's salvageable, for parts or otherwise.

forstmeister said:
I don't know that it's salvageable, for parts or otherwise.

I took the hinges off. Thought I could use them for a future coffin keezer build for extra support

brewser7 said:

Try one of these sounds like the overload failed

image-598735742.jpg

So I ended up going to Jewel Osco today and bought a 5 cf chest freezer. They have a deal running when you buy the freezer for $170 you get a bunch of free food coupons, for about the same dollar amount. It fits 2 cornies and a co2 tank without any mods. I will run picnic taps for now and build a collar later if I like it.

forstmeister said:
So I ended up going to Jewel Osco today and bought a 5 cf chest freezer. They have a deal running when you buy the freezer for $170 you get a bunch of free food coupons, for about the same dollar amount. It fits 2 cornies and a co2 tank without any mods. I will run picnic taps for now and build a collar later if I like it.

I was at a Jewel/ Osco again yesterday and these are now on sale for $99! Thought someone here may want to know

sK0tt said:
Sorry. It was the Evanston one. Take it and or you receipt back... Go get your $70!

I bought mine at the one in Wilmette on Green Bat Road. I am gonna stop in after work Monday and see what I can do.

Just picked up one for $107 out the door after taxes tonight at Jewel, plus the coupon book. I won't be picking up a keg system until this summer, but convinced the wife that I couldn't pass it up at that price brand new.

Back