keezer condensation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker111

Reaction score
I moped the keezer out yesterday as I have 2 beers almost ready to keg so thought it would be a good time to do so. Cut and assemembled 4 new beer lines. Took the taps and shanks apart..... you name it.
Looking to help prevent some mold and condensation . What are some of you using in this case? Was thinking a small dehumidiifer of some type. What are you using and is it helping?
Thanks.

I used to have a mini dehumidifier in mine. it died.

not using anything but I don't have any issues either that I've noticed. But its inside the house, not garage or patio, so that might help.

I also set mine at like right about freezing point.

Thanks DayTripper. My keezer is only 5 cubic feet with 4 kegs and 10 pound CO2 when full so thinking one eva and a small computer fan to start. Think I have a few fans from my boys building their computers. Maybe a old phone charger to power?

Two things work for me on mine - 1.) a product called "Damp Rid" - comes in a reusable vented container and has a baffle to allow condensation to drop into the bottom of the container; 2.) a 120mm computer fan (as above) and 12vdc adapter (any dc PC fan will work, this was an extra I had at the time). I tied this into a simple switch that goes open when I lift the keezer lid. The Damp Rid is available in bulk to replenish the initial container.

A PC fan with a power adaptor is the simplest way to help with condensation along with a Damp Rid/Dri-Z-Air dehumidifier. The "rechargeable" dehumidifiers can work well too, just have to remember to check them monthly.

Thanks DayTripper. My keezer is only 5 cubic feet with 4 kegs and 10 pound CO2 when full so thinking one eva and a small computer fan to start. Think I have a few fans from my boys building their computers. Maybe a old phone charger to power?
This is my setup and it seems to work fine.

I did exactly this with an old Apple block and the computer fan wired to a USB plug. So simple, a theologian can do it!

Back