Keezer CO2 setup, help needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi brewers and brewettes.

I'm setting up my keezer that I intend to use for lagering and cold crashing my kegs. Got my temp control and heat pad. Will setup a fan. But my main question is about the CO2 input. I also got a separate kegerator for serving purposes so I don't need faucets.

Do i need to wait for the four weeks lagering period to end before plugging the kegs on CO2? I read somewhere that the pressure could push down on the yeast or something like that.

And my main question is, what can I use to pass the CO2 line inside the keezer? I have room for three kegs and would like to have some kind of quick disconnect outside the keezer, some kind of shank to get in and a splitter inside the keezer. I can't seem to find anything other than smaller 1/4 beer shanks. Are those big enough to sustain three kegs under 12 psi? What if I want to jump at 30 psi?
Any other options?

Thanks!

You can get a CO2 bulkhead - 1/4

They sell a shorter one as well if that is too long. I would connect your CO2 tank to that, then inside your keezer use a manifold to distribute the CO2 to however many kegs you need. If you need to control the pressure of each line individually then use a secondary regulator instead of or with the manifold.

The bulkhead uses 1/4" flare connections, so also get some 1/4" flare to barb connectors to attach the hose to them.

Do i need to wait for the four weeks lagering period to end before plugging the kegs on CO2? I read somewhere that the pressure could push down on the yeast or something like that.

You don't have to wait. Pressure does slow down fermentation, but that should be finished before you crash anyway, unless you're going really old school on your lagering schedule.

You can get a CO2 bulkhead - 1/4

They sell a shorter one as well if that is too long. I would connect your CO2 tank to that, then inside your keezer use a manifold to distribute the CO2 to however many kegs you need. If you need to control the pressure of each line individually then use a secondary regulator instead of or with the manifold.

The bulkhead uses 1/4" flare connections, so also get some 1/4" flare to barb connectors to attach the hose to them.
As Joeywhat mentioned, a bulkhead will work well for passing your CO2 through your collar. I used one of these when I had a keezer.
https://www.ritebrew.com/SearchResults.asp?Extensive_Search=Y&Search=bulkhead&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Thanks guys. In ordered two bulkheads and fitting plus manifolds. Gonna get the CO2 tank out of the kegerator also. I really appreciate your help! Cheers!

Finished product. Both keezer and kegerator hooked to external tank.
20210315_083730.jpg

Back