Keeper size help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiphop

Reaction score
Hey all, I am starting to plan out a build for a keezer. I currently have a kegerator with 4 taps built from an old upright fridge. I only have 4 taps in this fridge because that’s all that would fit in it. I filled up my current kegerator faster then I thought and now looking to add some diversity to my selection so I am looking to switch it up and build a keezer with 6-8 taps. Preferably 8 but might have to settle on 6. The CO2 tank will be outside of the keezer. I live in a big enough city that I have access to both ball lock and pin lock legs. I would prefer pin lock kegs just because I have 4 pin lock kegs and 1 ball lock kegs. The question I have is what size chest freezer should I look for/buy for this build?

Check out this thread in the Kegerators/Keezers forum, it'll provide some guidance on cabinet size vs collars vs all types of vessels.

This table from the top of that thread should get you started. Looks like you'd need to be in the 13-15 cubic foot band for 8 pin lock kegs...

q2keZ3T.png

Cheers!

Back